1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a New Era BABY!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SirCharlesFan, Jul 28, 2000.

1. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I just hope we don't do the tank-a-thon again.

The features were neat enough, but I'm sorry...Wishing that your team loses to get a high draft pick is STUPID.

You see how much all that losing got us this year with our lotto pick, right?

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

2. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Ok, I'll probably cry if Mobley leaves... But that won't be the end of the world. I was flipping channels yesterday, there I caught a basketball game. Being withdrawn with the end of the basketball season, I was glued to the screen. I didn't know who was playing, but a guy with a mad fro was schooling everyone else on the court. He looked more and more familiar, and guess who it was? MOOCHIE, the next best thing to Mobley and Stevie on the court. The Rockets don't look all that bad, they have excellent role players lined up as it seems (I'm tremendously impressed by the play of Langhi so far). If we acquire and develop a star quality forward, then we can even talk championships (well not for another 3 years at the earliest). So GO ROCKETS 2002-2003.

------------------
    Louisville Rockets my ass

3. BobbyWarren

BobbyWarren Member

I won't even bother repeating the core of the argumentation as to why we DIDN'T tank. It's been more than thoroughly covered in other threads.

It's called rebuilding. Yeah, it's gonna suck for a little while, but at the same time, it's fun watching the team come together for future title runs.

Tank-a-thon? Never. In fact, I think this year was our low year (not bad). From here, I see constant improvement.

The real question is how long will it take to get to championship level again? I would have to agree that three years is a reasonable amount of time to begin considering the Rockets contenders.

That is, at the pace they've been improving.

------------------

4. Smoke

Smoke Member

I agree also. Next years drafted players will need time to develope. In 2002 we may even have cap room. Promising.

------------------
    "Badges? We don't have to show you any badges. We don't need no stinkin badges!!"