1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wojnarowski Article trashing Stern and Sterling

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 16, 2011.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Agreed. He has great inside info on trades, drafts, etc. But his opinion pieces have the composure of a teary-eyed Glenn Beck segment.

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm glad the media is finally starting to speak the truth on Stern. The man is a jackass and empowers owners like Sterling to do the most despicable of acts without a word of warning.

3. Superdave532

Superdave532 Member

There was a bit in the article saying how the original doctor misdiagnosed the cancer, and it was way more aggressive than he had said. If Kim had waited, it's likely the cancer would have spread and he would have been in a much more serious situation. So yeah I know doctors make mistakes all the time just like everyone else, but that's a pretty big mistake to be making.. so yes, possibly more evidence that it's a lower-tier health coverage - and when you're a billionaire, why do that?

This is the first I've heard of the contract voiding issues though. That should be a huge deal to Stern.. with all the criticism he takes as it is, wouldn't you think that he'd want to try to win over as much coaches favor as possible? I would be very pissed off with both the cheap owner and the lazy, uncaring commissioner if I was them.

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

its simple. David Stern is SATAN.

5. FFz

FFz Member

i sense a new directive from stern coming to his minions.

"tell every nba gm to not talk to woj ever agian."

... yeah good job ruining the one reason why ppl care about u woj! Also I hate stern as well. The dude has to know that every fan in the nba hates him. He ALWAYS gets booed during the nba draft. I hope this year is louder than ever.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

not one to defend sterling, but are we getting the right info on this hughes situation. was it the insurance company who didn't pay for the surgery?

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It isn't that simple. Step back for a minute: If Stern ever did such a thing, somone would tell Woj and the issue would explode like a nuclear bomb.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think Stern could go on television and say 'I've instructed all teams to blackball Wojnarowski.' It wouldn't be a positive PR move, but I don't think it would actually do much damage to Stern or the league, just to Woj.

9. AggieRocketsFan

If an NBA referee could get caught up with the mafia so easily, how could you expect the NBA commissioner to not have any connections with them?

10. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Woj has guts. This guy is totally old-school and very real with his journalism. As others have mentioned, he does go very overboard at times, but I respect him more and more, though he has really irked me at times.

11. crzyxballer03

crzyxballer03 Member

Finally somebody speaks truth to the power of Darth Stern

[​IMG]

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL! You guys are too much.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's time for Stern to go -- he's running the league into the ground. Basketball is meant to be a fast paced game that is over in less than two hours. Stern has turned it into a dragged out time out fest with games lasting 3 hours.

Way too much of a good thing quickly turns bad. Add to that all of the shenanigans with the refs and this years dunk contest and I think one has a pretty strong case for new leadership.

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yep been running it into the ground for almost thirty years...only to have it at the height of its popularity in 2011. :confused:

Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm.