1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 95, Suns 93

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

8-3 after the All-Star break:cool:

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

worst thing is that the 3 losses were all winnable games just some bad breaks in each game

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Underneath the game's final score on espn

"With Nash out, Rockets finally get win over Suns"

Yeah finally huh...

4. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was impressed with Dowdell. His play kept him on the court, and AB's play kept him off of it. What's up with Brooks and Houston? Maybe a better question is, what's up with Brooks? Another thought... I haven't seen Childress look this good since he left for Europe. Two good pieces for the Suns. Another good piece in Brooks, if he can ever get his head on straight. If he doesn't, the Suns may decide to let him go, rather than pay him, and keep Dowdell as the 2nd point off the bench next season.

6. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

It seems like we do everything possible to try and lose a game, we got really lucky. Horrible defense and execution last three possessions.

7. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Best halftime show yet this season... Baby Bash :)

met Swoly-D during the romp

we cut it way to close at the end. I couldn't even enjoy that victory, I was too stressed.

I'm glad Pat Pat got his much deserved start on his birthday. Hill looked like he was playing for his starting position back.

Fun game though. I hadn't seen the Toyota Center crowd look and sound so good in a long time.

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketsmetalspd

Without Scola the team has not look good and still we have some on the board that want Scola traded. I hope comes back for the Boston game.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Without Scola this team's chances are low at anything. All our bigs are soft as hell. No interior offense, NBA has lost its fundementals. In person it looks terrible. My GF was like why is everybody falling backwards(flopping)?

10. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Yeah, the other day when i was watching, my GF bet 100 bucks with me that she can beat martin to death if they go one on one with their fist........

this team is so soft

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

how was the reception for brooks?

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Haha yeah right. The Rockets basically paid the guy thousands of bucks to say "Yeah yeah, come on" while his songs played in the background.

13. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

He got a big cheer when he was introduced. They had a highlight/ thanks for the memories video of him during the first quarter which got a lot of applause. I could hear people groan as he clanked shots like they were still pulling for him.

14. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

This.

Two losses and then a near loss today in his absence...

We need our Argentinian assassin back ASAP!

15. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I know it was very prerecorded, but I didn't care because it actually sounded good and I knew the songs. I could sing along and dance to them. The rowdies around me and I had a great time.

Mary Mary had only one song I knew, "Praise You", and they didn't even sing it as one of their 3 songs.

BBD only sang one song, and I didn't know it ("Poison")

Pretty much all other performances have been kids. We haven't had the trampoline guys, the Asian balancing/spinning plate people, or the changing clothes magician this year. So yes, Baby Bash was my favorite halftime performance this season. What was yours?

16. HTXEZE

HTXEZE Member

Dudely is a dumb ass for missing that 3 at the end :)

17. Roxs-Redemption

Solid ugly win but it was a great game for Chuckwagon. He hit shots tonight...PatPat and the bench didn't score much...J-Hill helped a lot through...Great win

Next game should be quite easy since we are vsing Bobcats

18. worzel gummidge

How his teammates really think of him?

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2011/03/14/preview-phoenix-suns-33-31-at-houston-rockets-33-34/

19. dartherus

dartherus Member

Yeah, I hope Scola is now more appreciated by such few fans who still complained about him.

Rockets were doing GREAT with Scola, after Brooks being gone and O was more fluid without a huge ballhog.

IMO Scola absense is more noticeable than Brooks absense (back then when opposing D hadn't adapted to him, and AB could play great offensive games for the rockets), and KM absense.

I also hope that fans stop overrating PPat. Anyone reading threads without seeing the games, would believe that PPat was better than Scola (Ppat being praised a lot), now the reality is very obvious.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member