1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rookie Watch: Redraft, Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Mar 9, 2011.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

To bad we're "loaded with strong veterans inside.":rolleyes:

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Cousins has some issues but there's absolutely no way Sacramento should be either regretting the decision to draft him or wishing they had Patterson instead.

I say this with love for Patterson but Thorpe is suggesting Patterson could be a 14-7 player on another team. How many PF's around the league are capable of doing that?

The answer is: a lot.

Conversely, how many 6'11", 270 lb centers with huge upside are there around the league?

Your answer is: not many.

Regardless, I'll take praise for any Rockets player in ANY form it comes. Just saying I don't necessarily agree with the substance here.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He is not suggesting that Sac wished they could have a do over and draft Patterson. He is suggesting that if the draft was done today that Cousins would not be there at 5 for the Kings to pick and therefor would be stuck with PPat instead of Cousins.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Right right. I get that from a technical perspective.

I just also get the vibe this is one of those "could have, should have" type pieces that indirectly suggests Player X should have went to Team Y instead of vice versa.

Just saying for the sake of sanity, as a Kings fan I wouldn't want to see anybody suggesting my team would be better off with a player like Patterson instead of Cousins.

5. crzyxballer03

crzyxballer03 Member

If we were to do the draft over again, I'd take Carl Herrera first overall

weak draft:rolleyes: jk

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No one is suggesting that. The piece is suggesting that SOME OTHER TEAM drafting ahead of the Kings would have been better off drafting DeMarcus Cousins.

7. worzel gummidge

The poster who went on about how the Rockets should've drafted Larry Sanders was right.

8. floydshadow

floydshadow Member

I‘d agree.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Oh right b/c players don't play with shoes on. An inch taller would have made 6'10 (w/shoes) like Jordan Hill thus, in the "GM's" eyes, it would magically give him more upside ... smh

On topic: In hindsight, besides Cousins, I would have loved to move up in the draft to steal Greg Monroe. He is the type of center that would have excelled in this type of offense. In the last 8 games Monroe has averaged 16pts/11reb/2stl/1blk per game, the kid has an assortment of skills from the center position, he would have been great for us. ..Sigh, but oh well..

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Where did he say the Kings would be better off with Patterson? He is saying that the Kings would be screwed out of Cousins, because of the Timberwolves not being an idiot in the draft.

#50 BetterThanEver, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I still have hope that Sanders will be more than a bench player. He is a little older than Patrick Patterson, but he has enough size to play as a F/C.