1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacers "worst locker room right now"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Mar 9, 2011.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

So what's wrong with getting another Kmart? LOL semi-star? So the most efficient player in the league isn't even fit to be called a star, but Melo is a superstar and top 5 in the league, right? :rolleyes:

If every player in our team scored as efficiently as Kmart does we'd be blowing out all of our opponents by 30. Star, semi-star, labels don't really matter, wasn't Pau Gasol also called a semi-star in Memphis? What really matters is would Granger upgrade our roster? I think he does, 11M a year is a great bargain for an above average two way player, and Granger can creates his own shot and shoots a really good percentage from the three.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Don't forget about coaching. Our staff would do wonders with Granger. He could flourish in our offense.

3. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

I think what happened in the pacers locker room was that Roy Hibbert has been stressed out every since Chuck's threat to F*** him up. He is worried about the next encounter and whether or not Chuck will follow up on his threat. Roy has been taking out that agression on his teammates and therefore creating an uncomfortable environment for everyone.

4. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

I am all for getting Granger. A lot of people here want us to get a good center but that is nearly impossible because teams don't give up good centers.. If we can get solid players at 4 positions we can compete with anyone

We don't need superstars like everyone thinks. Look at Miami, they are crashing and burning against decent teams. Chemistry matters a lot and Granger would be a solid addition.

1 person likes this.
  5. University Blue

Do not want to lose CB. Houston can sign Joe Alexander, give him some minutes, and then trade JA for Barac.

6. barnsleyfan123

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want him on the Rockets- he's a very good player that can create his own shot and can defend- imagine a lineup of Lowry, Martin, Granger, Scola, Hayes just for this season- that right there is a solid playoff team. We may not be a legitimate title contender with just adding Granger but I do think it would get us half way there.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Doesn't get you out of the first round most likely.... need a real star... no way around it

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Isn't Bogut damaged goods? I don't think he can extend his arms fully after the injury, and that has completely changed his efficiency.

I like Granger because he's healthy and a legitimate player with decent efficiency who can make contested shots.

1 person likes this.
  9. ABforPresident

Trade our draft picks for DG and pick up Tyson Chandler in FA and we set!
    Lowry
    Kmart
    DG
    Scola
    Chandler

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, I think we'll be ok without the guy that's 1-16 right now in the 3rd quarter against the defensive powerhouse Timberwolves

11. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

Anyone still think Granger's a star? he's 1-18 against the Minny Timberwolves. I dont care who you are, if you are a star, you shouldnt go 1 for 18 and be down 30 to these wolves.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

If the plan is looking towards 2012 free agency, then I would go after Granger. Then use a sign and trade sending Lowry and some assets to NJ and bringing DWill back to Texas. Then you have a starting lineup of:

DWill
    KMart
    Granger
    Scola
    ?

Subsequently, you offer D12 whatever he wants. Moreover, that starting lineup is going to be a very attractive set of players in helping to lure Howard to Houston.

The next step: Championship

It's not going to be easy, but you have to take some risks in this league to put yourself in a position to win it all.

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

WHAT?

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Did these fools really lose to MINNESOTA by 26???

Granger sounds like a guy Morey could get at great value coming off a down year but i'd rather have Hibbert. I know Chuck almost "messed him up" but if Bobby Jackson and McGrady could shake hands and play nice, so could these guys.

15. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I would have voted center in a landslide as the weakest position.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Granger is an upgrade over Martin. He's a solid defender, good rebounder, is better in iso situations, better in the post, and doesn't rely on the refs as much. Martin is a cog in an offense tailor made to get him good looks. Granger has been forced to carry a team with no talent. Imagine if the roles were reversed.

So far, people have only been focusing how he'll play with Martin. IMO, he makes Martin expendable. Wouldn't Lowry/Lee/Granger be far more balanced than Lowry/Martin/Bud? Lowry and Lee are a great backcourt with few weaknesses. Martin's liabilities sometimes outweigh his tremendous efficiency.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

I disagree for two main reasons.

1. Martin is a pointless pickup for the Pacers if they move Granger. There would be only two reasons for the Pacers to move him. One is to give up and rebuild for the future. The other is to package him for a true star. The latter is impossible with a trade to the Rockets. So they can only trade for the future.

If Indy trades Granger to us, it will be a for a package. My personal opinion is that it's likely some 1st round picks(among Memphis pick next year, Phoenix/Orlando pick, our own pick) plus Patterson, Budinger, and salary fillers. If they don't care for Patterson, perhaps expand to a 3-team deal.

2. Granger/Martin allows our center position to suck offensively. It's never easy to play 4 on 5 offense. But when your 4 are Scola, Granger, Martin, and Lowry, then it's not nearly as bad. Two-way centers are basically non-existent in the NBA, and they are more or less untouchable. So Granger helps our DEFENSE because we can just plug a defensive presence whose only offensive skill is the slam dunk.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just REEKO being REEKO, demonstrating once again why he's the only person on this board I have on ignore

Granger is an excellent defender, not just an efficient scorer.

19. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Yes let's snag Granger and Hibbet. Thabeet, twill, carrol and picks

20. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Guy's efficient, true that BUT he's terribly inconsistent