1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Jordan Hill's tenure as a Rocket is numbered?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Mar 8, 2011.

1. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

gtfo rook hill and miller are trash...........:mad:

2. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

So much for our young assets.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hopefully someone gives us a first rounder for him

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'd take a r****ded, one-legged Jordan Hill than that POS Brad Miller.

5. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I...Hope..so

6. kidcave9

you mad?

what is clutchfans obsession with hill.......

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Lottery-protected first round pick? Yes, please.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's not my obsession with Hill. If I could, this would be my rotation:

Scola, Hayes, Patterson.

ABSOLUTELY NO BRAD MILLER WHATSOEVER. Hill is only good once every 10 games. But Brad has proven himself to be an absolute r****d.

9. Giddy-What-Up

Giddy-What-Up Member

Boom. I agree with your points though. He definitely looks less athletic now than when he got here. Has to be a motivation issue where he's just not trying hard enough. Or he's having an incredibly hard time learning this offense and what spots on the court he needs to be at which is affecting his confidence bigtime; I'm sure everyone can see that especially from that hop-step/travel thing he did in the second half.

10. kidcave9

what does that say about hill if only once in a full moon he's average/competent?

Hill and miller don't deserve any time. They just plain suck....

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I just think that he doesn't have that "triple threat" mentality. As soon as he gets the ball, a guy like Patterson or Miller will know what to do with it. Patterson is going to one hell of a player because he is confident in the way he plays. hill plays scared time to time

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I disagree. Hill is very athletic for someone his height. Unfortunately, it's not really much of a basketball athleticism. :(

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Hill is a complete disappointment. It's usually pretty ridiculous to predict a guy in his second year won't amount to jack-squat in this league, but I'm going to 'go out on limb' and say Jordan Hill fits that description. The guy needs to go down to the D-league or simply cut from the team...he's taking up patterson's mintues and patterson is someone who actually looks like he puts time into his game. Hill is so horrible.

14. Giddy-What-Up

Giddy-What-Up Member

Absolutely. He doesn't know how to play this game, simple as that. Unless he hits the gym and turns into a rebounding monster in the very near future, he's not going to remain in the nba. He's not a good scorer, passer, defender, shot-blocker or anything else at the moment.

What's the reason he's getting any minutes though? Why didn't they go straight to Patrick tonight? Is he showing any potential in practice? Interesting to think about that.

15. anchel

anchel Member

Not aware of anything, soft, mentally weak...

With improvement comes the confidence and the mental toughness with big men. Ok. Basketball knowledge is a different question... Not too optimistic at this... Morey said the other day that Stromile just didn't have enough love for the game, didn't feel it. If you really want it you die for playing, you're constantly thinking what are you doing wrongly, why are you struggling? If you love it, you finish the game, go home and watch another basketball game... And you wake up in the morning desiring to go to the gym. Hill just doesn't look like that type of guy, like Lowry, like Patterson... Even Terrence, he has another flaws but I bet that not this one. And this is quite worrying.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/giBoLFew-oQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doesn't it suck that he has actually gotten worse at basketball this year?

He is thinking wayyyyyy tooooooo much.

He needs to simply bang and run and play aggressive.

He needs to put on 30 lbs as well...

17. AggieRocketsFan

I think Hill was actually matched up with Lopez to start the game. Which would make sense because Warrick is the one with an offensive game and should be Chuck's responsibility.

18. kidcave9

traveling..

19. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I think the Rox would do this. ATST, I think the Rox have a higher opinion of Hill than do the CF posters.

He is not as good as PPatt, but he hasn't reached his potential, either. Right now, they look at him as the #9 or #10 player, with upside, and he is filling those expectations. He doesn't cost much money. Again, though, I think the Rox would take a protected 1st-rounder for him.

Another thing on his side is, decent centers are hard to find, and he can become that.

Notice that he is clearly ahead of Thabeet on the depth chart.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's not in fact. The ball is not in his hands at any point when the steps occur.