1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Picture Slideshow] Terrence Williams - Effort and Heart (or Lack Thereof)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Mar 7, 2011.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

First off, just to establish, I didn't send the link to TWill, I just randomly saw his twitter and saw that he responded then posted here (not saying you said I did, just clearing it for the record).

As far as the Lowry thing goes, I remember that. Some idiot fan tweeted Lowry a couple of times (KLow played great in that game btw), Lowry retweeted it, then tweeted, "Great game, great win, love the hater tweets from Rocket fans"

Lowry didn't respond like a kid, he acknowledged it and responded but his reaction was fine. Didn't think it was immature or classless. Didn't attack the fan, didn't call him any names (like a kid would do).

Not only that, Lowry is a guy who always gives it his all whenever he is on the floor. This guy is a bum (maybe he works hard in practice, none of us can really know, but when he is on the floor, he really seems out of it). Hopefully hater tweets by fans can get him motivated to work harder.

1 person likes this.
  2. drewtex

drewtex New Member

Itchy and scratchy

i had the company seats 3rd row on the court. i was yelling at him to play defense because he was acting like it was an inconvenience. i hope he does not affect any other players in the locker room. what could his goal be for playing that way? that was almost as bad as the brooks walk off...actually wish he would have walked off. how did he go 3 straight triple doubles in the dleague for nj? that took a modicum of effort at least. what is he waiting for? life is short twill and bball careers are even shorter.

1 person likes this.
  3. Zero2Hero

Zero2Hero Member

My friend IRL tweeted TWILL this thread and he tweeted back

4. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

LOL.

Duh? Winning!

5. pbthunder

Once you get the file onto your PC, it's pretty simple to upload it to Youtube. IIRC, though, there's a 10-minute limit.

As for getting it onto your PC, 1) you need a TV video card if you're getting it from cable, etc. If 2) you're starting from an internet feed, look into
    these . I might be able give you a little more advice if you email me.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not a great start tonight.. I'm surprised Adelman let him get back into a game. Called a timeout right after TWill's first turnover.

7. pbthunder

If you're playing in garbage time, you need to put in the same effort as the other players, unless maybe you're Scola or Martin. You don't want to come off as playing less hard than everybody else.

If you're trying to get more PT, you need to use that time to impress. If you aren't trying very hard, you have no right to expect more PT.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

T-Won't in full slacker mode again.

I hope he doesn't tire himself on twitter tomorrow.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The moves he exhibited in garbage time shows how much talent he has.

He just doesn't have the right attitude.

10. HombreDeHierro

I KNOW RIGHT!

he is so fluid...made it look effortless. Nigsky needs some coaching

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

T-Will seems to have a colossal ego, which is really saying something considering that most pro athletes have pretty big egos already. The problem is it really is going to rub people the wrong way when you haven't done anything to earn the respect you demand.

He needs to find a little humility and understand that he has to work hard and fit himself into the team, not demand that the team fit itself around his wishes.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think Williams has that "I didn't fck up" attitude. If there's a bad defensive play and the other team scores, i can hear him saying "my man didnt score" and to him that makes it all ok. On defense he's just following his man, which is cool most of the time, but when his teammates need help d he's not paying attention.

13. Victorious

Victorious Member

Maybe somebody should create a slideshow of his moves.....

14. YaosDirtyStache

Oh wow, seeing this on CF is pretty bad haha, on reddit not so much but here it just feels out of place.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'll preface this by saying that TWill showed off some of the talent tonight that makes me want him to be playing.

But.

He's just extremely selfish.. and I don't mean in the "I'll take every shot" kind of way. When we ran our offense, not once was he setting down screen picks. He wasn't trying to free any other teammates -- he was counting down the seconds until he got the ball.

Anytime he touched the rock, he wanted to isolate with a pick-and-roll. I think he did this literally every time he touched the ball. He had a turnover, a great pass and two good moves to the rim that I can remember.

I've been in favor of giving him PT and running more pick-and-roll sets for him when he's in the game.. but I'm still not happy with his overall play. He made some great plays tonight, but I still didn't feel like he was going all out like someone who never plays should have been.

If I'm Morey, I almost tell him.. I'm sending you down to Rio Grande; you're going to start and play big minutes.. but I don't give a damn about your stats. Once Coach Finch tells me you know the offense and are consistently running it, I'll call you up and put you into the rotation. But you have to prove it to me first.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I saw Lee put his hands on his hips in a sign of solidarity in the last two minutes.

17. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

still needs to play D too

good moves though

18. Giddy-What-Up

Giddy-What-Up Member

Yes.

The most telling example was when he was on the left wing with the ball, and dribbled it all the way back to the center in order to initiate the offense he wanted in the remainder of that shot clock.

Sending him to the D-League sounds like a good idea, but will he actually learn anything? even if Morey did say your exact words to him? Difficult to say

19. AkeemTheDreem86

Can't argue with a 1st post 8 years in the making!

20. Victorious

Victorious Member

TWill can be the greatest garbage player ever but won't matter. How many players earn more time from going hard in garbage time? Not many if any at all. You earn it in practice or through luck like an injury in the rotation.