1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Fact of the matter is that Baylor definitely has the better team this year. What they don't have is any mental toughness or discipline. Lace Dunn jacking up a wild 3 pointer early in the shot clock with 4 minutes to go, up 8, is exactly why this team has lost a lot of games it shouldn't have this year. No discipline at all.

Contrast that with A&M, who honestly doesn't have the talent this year with absolutely no one to go to on offense with any confidence down the stretch, but they have been disciplined and have pulled out wins against all the teams they should have beat.

If Baylor doesn't beat Texas, then they are going to have to really make some noise in the Big XII tourney because I think that non-conference resume is going to keep them out at 8-8 in conference otherwise. What a waste of talent.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Those are accurate points. I just saw that were last 4 in according to Lunardi.

Were in with a win against Texas. Gotta get over our road woes and somehow get the next one against Ok State.

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Baylor is the biggest freaking tease, they lose an almost must win vs TT, then beat A&M, these terrible losses are going to hurt them bad on selection sunday.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

gotta win tonight

5. sammy

Dunn with a pathetic performance. Perry was non-existant as they doubled him from the get go. It was going come down to the Texas game either way.

Can't wait for Saturday. I hope the Rockets make me feel better later tonight!

#645 sammy, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Burst!

Texas game doesn't matter. Never did. Baylor's only hope is to win the tournament, and that's about as likely as Thugdarius winning father of the year.

I'll check back from time to time.

-Hank the Tournament Going Cowdog

7. sammy

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Ah, it's sweet that beating us makes up for your missing out on the tournament. I get it though. We're much, MUCH better than you at basically everything, so I can see how it's worth celebrating when you get over on Daddy.

I'll check back from time to time.

-Hank the Red Winged Cowdog

10. sammy

The crowd has been amped since tip off.

LaceDarius Dunn is now the big 12 all-time scoring leader.

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

No home cookin' tonight...

12. sammy

Offensive rebounds killed Baylor. Sucks bc we were up or played close all game but they won the hustle aspect of the game.

I am disappoint. But not like it would have mattered if we sneaked into the tourney.

#652 sammy, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Why did Drew concede at the end? Terrible! He gave away any chance you had of winning by the way he handled the final minute of the game. That and the absolute lack of rebounding. Nothing changes. This game meant nothing. You have to win the tournament, but that won't happen, so it's Peanut Butter Jelly Time in the NIT for Baylor.

Better luck next year. I'll check back from time to time.

-Hank the Prophetic Cowdog. See? I told you so...

14. ItsThat1Guy

ItsThat1Guy Member

28 second chance points. :eek:

Sounds a lot like the Elite 8 game last year.

On a good note, College GameDay was electric. Great exposure for BU.

15. sammy

Acey was in foul trouble all game. We needed him down the stretch big time. I think basically everyone returns next season except Lace and probably Perry Jones. We'll be decent next year with the potential of being great if Jones returns. Hopefully, the 2 recruits and the transfer can provide a rebound season with lowered expectations. Sigh it sucks talking about next season but meh it is what it is. GO ROCKETS!!

16. MadMax

Completely out-hustled in what was a must-win game. That just sucks.

Watching UT get rebounds off of their own missed free throws, because apparently no one in green knows how to block out, was just awful....especially in a game where the stakes were that high.

17. MadMax

maybe labor problems in the NBA mean Perry comes back???

and as good as Lace has been, I'm really glad he's gone.

18. sammy

Only time will tell. They need to convince him that it's in his best interests to play another year. He isn't ready for the NBA and can take a huge step forward like Jordan Hamilton has. Lace was great with a PG that could shoot and handle the rock like Tweety Carter. I think he would have been fine if he wasn't asked to do so much.

I'm still excited about the potential of the program. We all know that Isaiah Austin has committed for 2012. A 7 footer with his skill level is unheard of. I can see us landing another top notch player for that year. J-Mychal Reese is heavily considering Baylor but also has A&M and Kansas on his list. I'll always take a lefty with a jumper.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Xa_hPZX4o4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Unfortunately, on that note...

http://twitter.com/WinklerKEYE

I still think you guys should beat OU without him, but no chance against UT tomorrow (I know there's not a big one regardless) if he isn't back.

20. MadMax

what are tm rules?