1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Team Logos

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 3, 2011.

1. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

This is awful too. Why not just put David Eckstein's face on the jersey while you're at it?

I still hate you.

2. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

Love that uniform.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well at least these designs elicit a strong reaction.:p

I don't know if this post was referring to me but if so I didn't realize you hated me before? Its not that big of a deal to me but if you don't mind me asking is there a reason why?

4. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Just change the colors back to orange, blue and white and keep the logo on ballcaps the same. Dark blue cap with an orange star and a orange cap with white star. Uni's can stay the same but hopefully get rid of pinstripes, it just doesn't fit Astros baseball to me. We were always a futuristic looking ballclub and Drayton came in and tried to make a classic look, although he did help the Astrodome out alot in its last seasons with small upgrades like the green fence and manual scorboard in outfield. The train station classic looking theme has run its course. With the stadium making changes anyway and new owner coming in soon, its time to get back to our past which ironically is a futuristic spacetravel theme. Orange fits Minute Maid Park better anyway

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i would cheat, steal and potentially murder to get the 'stros back to wearing those uniforms and return to that logo.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Add the last name to the back and those should be the regular home uniforms

7. Apps

Apps Member

Baseball teams should never move away from their old-school unis. No sport in this country has as fabled a history as baseball does, and history should be an integral part of every team's existence... the jersey is the most apparent figurehead of it all and should be the flag of the team.

I'm no Astros fan, but that said... those old school jerseys look slick!

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They should go the soccer route and change it every two years.

9. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Im not a big fan of that Star flying across the chest. Get rid of that, push up the word Astros, add some names to the back, and I'd say perfect!

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Tampa Bay Rays, Colorado Rockies, Arizona Diamondbacks and Florida Marlins agree with you. ;)

11. msn

msn Member

Minus "brah" (who says that anymore? laaaaame...), this post is hilarious. Repped.

12. Apps

Apps Member

I don't get this post, are you implying that those logos are good? I ask because you put a wink face at the end...

You can add the Blue Jays to that list, too (I'm assuming you're talking about bad logos). I feel bad for TB... never started off well and it still isn't much good. The Marlins I've always liked, though. I prefer the simple and retro style... which Arizona and Colorado certainly don't fit into. It's the 90's teams that got the short end of the stick in general.

At least there isn't any "Brownie the Elf" running wild out there. *Shudder*

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

No, no and no.

The brick red is just fine.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I love the current color scheme. I liked the old orange too. But don't see any need to change the uniforms....again.

They can make the classics an alternate for home games etc. Like how they've worn them before.

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I actually like the Astros and Texans logos. Astros got it right with their current setup. It's modern yet vintage.

I like the Texans logo a lot. I don't know why. I just do

16. msn

msn Member

These two posts pretty much sum up how I feel. I love all the Retro uniforms for the Astros, but I like what they've got now, too, and I don't want to see them change it *again*.