1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Brooks to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 24, 2011.

1. mFt82

mFt82 Member

I think this i's really silly...
    Maybe Lowry i's better than Brooks currently and the latter has a new opportunity to get his schnitzel back together. Who knows? I think that i's for Brooks to decide and, so far, he hasn't done it. Aside from his speed (which isn't there right now) there are many guys on public parks as good as Brooks.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Right. And aside from size there are a lot of guys in public parks as good as Yao Ming?

3. worzel gummidge

can we get some video highlights of dragic from today's game?

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yeah, providing stats to back up a point, as B-Bob has done consistently and more than anyone else on this topic, obviously indicates an 'elementary understanding'. He really should adopt the Dave_78 method of labeling players he doesn't like as 'midgets' in order to flex his intellectual muscles. That's what's wrong with basketball analysis these days - not enough people calling other people midgets.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

theres a reason i stopped replying to him, and B-Bob for the same reason.

1 person likes this.
  6. jocar

jocar Member

Goodbye AB

[​IMG]

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

:rolleyes:

Says the guy claiming other people don't know jackass if they undermine a Mike James season.

And the guy who wasn't making much sense earlier and using such words as "fail" to justify your argument but disappeared shortly after.

You still haven't answered my question. Why are you ignoring relevant points?

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I thought I had addressed you and the reason I would rather have you think you were right is because this discussion in particular roots much deeper than the topic. People who hate brooks for "x" reason don't hate him for that reason.

The just hate him. Whenever i read some criticism, its always midget pg, or stupid sg, like last year when he had the big 44 game against minny and one guy was hoping he'd break his leg during the season.

I'm not going to support brooks and call out the unfair treatment he gets on this board because he is no longer a part of this team. Suns fans love the guy, and he is getting to the split minute mark with nash due to his age. There is no point in me carrying out this useless argument.

Think what you must. Even if it leads you to believe i lose sleep over it. I hear DD bashing all the time as well because he doesn't post much anymore due to degenerative level of posting. You think he cares? Don't think everyone a stubborn cool that'll waste time when the end result of the discussion is clear.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I guess you missed B-bob's posts lately where he praises Dragic and admits he was wrong about him. Regarding stats, you just made my point. Brooks' stats are misleading in bad way while Dragic's don't illustrate how effective he is. People who just compare player to player stats and think that tells the whole story do indeed have an elementary understanding of the game. How old are you anyway? Kudos to B-bob for actually watching the games and being man enough to admit his initial opinion was wrong.

It's too bad for you that you can't do the same.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You haven't addressed anything, you just digressed like you are doing now.

You said anyone who undermines a 20/5 season is a jackass, and I used Mike James as an example to show you how flawed your argument is.

This argument does not have "roots deeper than the topic". It's just a simple retort on a flawed statement.

"I would rather have you think you were right". Seriously?

Is it really so hard to say "I was wrong about my earlier statements concerning a 20/5 season". You're telling you're letting me think I won the argument, yet you did not provide one single retort relevant to my initial argument.

11. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

This is the truth. It's sad how some people clearly relish in the fact that Brooks had a rough year. They loved seeing a Rockets player fail just so they could "be right" about a player they hate. All parties seemed to have happily moved on... why grown men feel the need to continue this bashing is beyond me.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQNJjvaaMEk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQNJjvaaMEk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Why grown men feel the need to continue their blinders-wearing fanboy-dom for a player who is no longer on the team is beyond me.

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I think AB is good but not great. Last year AB is in a perfect position as Battier/Hayes/Ariza are weak offensively but strong defensively. They cover a lot grounds for Scola and AB, and AB naturally shines thorugh volume shooting without worring about defense/passing.

This year is kind of the opposite: Martin took more shots in offense, Hayes improved on offense and Ariza leaving us a hole on defensive end. All of a sudden AB needs to distribute the ball and defend more, which he's not good at. Of course the injury didn't help either.

Something I want to share with: When AB destroyed Fisher in the Lakers series, I was pretty high on him and searching/enjoying articles praising AB. And I even went on to the Lakers fan forum to see some praise from Lakers fans. Surprisingly it's not exactly what I expected: Lakers fans were praising AB...a little bit. But most fans are saying how Fisher is old/slow so that they've seen enough of him beating by playerA/playerB/playerC.../AB...

Then I realized that AB was one of so many quick PGs beating Fisher that year. So it's kind of disappointing to know but it's maybe truth.

14. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Sorry, I'm not going to watch your cartoon, but I'm sure it's insightful. Apparently if you feel it's silly to keep bashing a dude that's no longer on the team and calling him a midget, you're a fanboy? I always thought Lowry was the better fit as our starter, by the way...Excuse me if I think some of the vitriol towards Brooks is ridiculous and petty.

15. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

"Everybody who disagrees with me is part of a nefarious plot and a secret cabal and they've had it in for Aaron Brooks from before the time he was born."

It is indicative of simplistic thought processes to assume that everybody who doesn't agree with you doesn't actually believe what they are saying. And the dismissive refusal to even engage just reinforces it.

Accept that some people don't think Brooks is as good as you do, and they *gasp* actually believe they have valid reasons. I don't doubt that you think Brooks is as good a player as you claim. I just disagree with you. I appreciate that you can't see what I see. But I just think you're mistaken, not blinded by some sort of irrational sexual lust for Aaron Brooks or something equally silly.

#395 Ottomaton, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

B-Bob's latest posts would have nothing to do with you saying he has an elementary understanding of basketball while providing nothing at all of substance yourself, other than elementary insults. By the way, I haven't seen these recent posts where B-Bob supposedly does a complete 360, but it goes without saying that I'm a bit skeptical of your characterization of said posts. The problem is anyone not ready to hang Brooks is immediately labeled a 'fanboy', while anyone not anointing Lowry as the second coming is immediately attacked mercilessly. I doubt B-Bob has backed off from that like assessment, which would be an obvious one, even from an 'elementary' perspective.

Brooks' stats are not misleading at all. Lowry's stats not being that great doesn't make Brooks' stats misleading. Incidentally, I like Dragic as a player and watch every game. Just like I have always liked Lowry and was ecstatic when he was acquired.

What can I say, if you're waiting for me to call Brooks a midget to prove that I'm objective in your mind, you're going to be disappointed. By the way, Brooks and Lowry are the same height. Not sure if you knew that or not.

17. lild713

lild713 Member

TRUE!!! LOWRRY CAN SCORE...NOW AND HES A TEAM PLAYER DOSENT TAKE CRAZY FAR 3's...Like brook does..and MORE DEFENSE..Always get REBOUND ALSO AND PUT BACKS....and Gragic..Dude that's about a Good trade a lil taller PG. and Can Shoot as much as Brooks or BETTER..and a PASSER..So GET THE REALITY..and we GET A 1st ROUND PICK..This trade was GOOD i mean it's sad cuz brooks been with us for so LONG..but dude..its time to MOVE ON and KEEP THE SCORING,DEFENSE,REBOUNDS, PGS..Lowry and GRAGIC..LETS GO!!!!!

18. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Where did you get the info on how good I think Brooks is? Your reading comprehension skills are not very good if you think I have a problem with what anyone thinks of Brooks' game.

19. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

You are correct that I haven't read all of your posts. The fact that you think people are "out to get" Brooks is what unifies you and them from my perspective.

20. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

I didn't say people who don't like Brooks' game are out to get Brooks...Like Freak said, when certain posters constantly refer to him as that "midget man," along with the other personal attacks, to me that goes a little deeper than just not being a fan of Brooks' game.

You're not particularly impressed by Brooks' talent...cool.