1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman & Rockets players react to the trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Feb 25, 2011.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, if he's referencing the last time we were in the playoffs and actually won a series, then yeah, the two guys we lost were pretty important.

But maybe he meant success at 3-card monte?

2. worzel gummidge

That's player development coach not head coach. If these players still need to be mollycoddled they need to do a Rodney Dangerfield.

3. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I am really excited to see what Williams can do. Sounds like a very humble individual.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Uh, actually it's the opposite. He still wants to win. To stop caring would be to do what a lot of people here want him to do and run a basketball camp instead of try to win games. Don't expect him to get on board with that little experiment.

1 person likes this.
  5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yeah, his teams have so clearly underachieved since he's been here. :rolleyes:

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Kyle Lowry tweeted last night that it was the last night out with the boys; Shane, Aaron, and Ish at the rodeo. He really will miss those guys and so will I, but the show must go on.

Hopefully our team improves somehow, with these trades.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, I will concede that I might have been premature in judging him. He handled himself really well in this interview. Let's see what he can do and if he can keep up the professional attitude.

(Must have been Battier's good influence that helped to change his attitude! ;))

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That would be the first player that Battier and his intangibles have influenced on our team. Sure as hell didn't pass anything on to Budinger.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Budinger disagrees. Did you watch the video?

So does Courtney Lee.

So does Chuck Hayes.

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Jesus Christ, y'all are depressing.

11. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

Good post! Shane was at his best complimenting Yao, but hurt this current group by being passive on the offensive side of the ball. The Rockets will be more difficult to defend with our new 3's looking more to score.

12. htown11

htown11 Member

T Will seems like a pretty good guy, happy he should hopefully get some PT finally.

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

They can say whatever they want to, but none of those new young players that Battier have supposedly taken under his wing have seen any significant improvements in my eyes.

- Budinger has not improved on D. He still sucks balls on D. Hell, he can't even hit open shots half the time anymore. Where is the Battier influence here?
    - JT could barely sniff out any minutes. Where was this amazing Battier tutelage?
    - Lee and Hayes were already good at D before they got here and Hayes is a PF/C

He may have been a great veteran presence in the locker room for leadership, but he sure as hell didn't significantly help our young guards and small forwards.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

Saying good riddance to Adelman or not giving him any credit makes me dumbfounded. Just think of how terrible our team would be without him right now. The thing I'm kind of worried is I don't think he has the energy anymore to be a coach to a rebuilding franchise. I really wouldn't be surprised he if retires after this season. So enjoy the fact we have a HOF coach.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You are looking at this the wrong way.

First of all, you are confusing being a tutor with being a magician who can totally change a player's talent. If you are expecting that, you are delusional.

Secondly, how do you know that some of these guys would not be even worse than they are, if not for Battier's input?

I'll take their word over yours. Sorry.

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I will take results over words. Players are always talking and more often then not are more interested in being PC then honest. It is not my word vs theirs but the results on the court. I have saw nothing from Budinger or JT for example where they have benefited from Battier. If anything, Budinger has regressed since working with Battier. Like I said, they can talk out of their asses all day, but in the end results matter and there has been nothing to show me that Battier actually helped out any player.

17. mFt82

mFt82 Member

As I've been Waiting on my car to be fixed for several hours now today I've had an opportunity to watch all of the Thabeet highlight reels on YouTube. I'm excited to see what he may bring to this squad. He's only been playing basketball since he was like 16. With his shot-blocking prowess the guy kind of reminds me of a taller version of Ben, "the beast," Wallace. The same Ben Wallace that contributed to Detroit winning two NBA titles fairly recently.

Of course the scenario i's similar to the Yao scenario: there are a lot of "if's"
    With Thabeet.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

they were done because the chance of winning a title in the next 5 years was zero.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol adelman's not even gonna play terrence or hasheem

20. Rockets_4_life

lol if that's the case then adelman might not even get to stay until the end of the season :p