1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Looking at Johnny Flynn??? (ESPN)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meekg, Feb 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37119/nba-with-john-hollinger

2. Rockets_4_life

YES WE'RE BLOWING IT UP!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I could actually see some fit there. I don't know why they'd want Brooks if they legitimately think they're getting Rubio though.

They got Beasley for peanuts, so his value was next to nothing this past summer. He's had a good year, but he's really fallen off lately. I'm not even sure I'd be that thrilled with him as our starting SF (no defense), but I wouldn't be as upset as I would be if it were Flynn-Brooks.

4. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Minny posts saying its Battier in three way trade which nets us Flynn and Thabeet. Likely just more guessing.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Oh well...we just get luxury tax deals. :(

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Brooks for Flynn probably is a lateral move, but Flynn is not a restricted free agent this year like Brooks is. So the Rockets may view this as a way to replace what Brooks gives us without having to pay what Brooks could make as a restricted free agent. I'm not very excited about the deal though, I would be happy to see what Ish could do. I suppose we could always trade Flynn for something if we wanted to.

7. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Thanks....

8. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37119/nba-with-john-hollinger

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I think his struggles lately have to do with him running out of gas. Beasley was never a focal point in Miami, now in Minnesota he essentially the entire Wolves offense. He's the primary ball handler, he tries to create for others, carries the scoring load along with Kevin Love. He isn't used to doing all that but I'm not worried at all.

Minnesota wants to use him as a sixth man and possibly play him next to Rubio some like Adelman did with Brooks/Lowry.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Blowing it up would be if we traded Martin and Scola. Trading Brooks and Battier are just minor moves.

11. triAGlete

triAGlete Member

this is an absolutley HORRID trade. johnny flynn for brooks? are you kidding me? what part of that is even close to equitable?

12. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

If we keep Brooks he has to get paid less than Lowry and have a better attitude about coming of the bench, and most importantly better production.

I'm cool with moving him or keeping him.

13. Sing4LTS

Sing4LTS Member

Just realized... Brooks and Love on the same team...Maybe Brooks can throw some more balls at Love's face. LOL :grin:

14. albuster

albuster Member

This looks like it. First Beasley, then Brooks. Birds of the same feather. Do the deal Morey!

15. albuster

albuster Member

Oh man, how can I forget, get Randolph in the list of characters too.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I have to admit this type of move would have me perplexed, unless it would somehow include a high draft pick.

Even with Flynn being the higher picked player and AB's recent problems, Brooks is still the better of the two players. Weird trade if this goes down straight up.

17. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Rubio is terrible, do you people even follow the NBA?

Rubio is folk lore, he's not the future in the NBA.

I swear, this site has more misguided and ignorant comments than any other fan site I've ever been to.

People literally clamor for bad deals and bash the good deals too often on here.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Please walk a fine line between pointing out the truth and bashing the BBS :)
    Rook!

19. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I know exactly what you mean. Even though you are new here. :) Just take it easy on some of us big guy.