1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers trade Baron Davis for Mo Williams

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tmactoyao, Feb 24, 2011.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too. That pick could be valuable for the Cavs.

2. itony

itony Member

and the power in the west has been restored!

3. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

The draft is very weak, first rounders are being giving away like noting by GM's right now. They are not worth as much as people think.

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

If true about the upcomig draft being weak then maybe thats a good thing for us. Sicne swapping pick with NY useless causethey will have a better record than ours. I guess we wont miss out on much.

5. PeppermintCandy

Taking on Baron Davis's hefty contract is a pretty hefty price for a first rounder, even if it's the Clippers' top pick.

Then again, maybe Davis will enjoy a resurgance in Cleveland. I get the feeling he and Byron Scott could mesh real well.

6. clippy

clippy Member

I'm pretty sure Byron Scott can't stand Baron Davis, from their time together on the Hornets.

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

there has to be a buyout coming. Baron will quit, the city will hate him, Byron will hate him, and the team will be even worse

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Buyout then Baron joins a contender as a back up PG or something. Would be funny if he rejoins the Clippers at the vet min!

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Baron's contract is for another three years, no way there's a buyout, idiots.

And......lulz at the Clippers. And at Davis. I can't wait to see his reaction.

10. Rockets_4_life

I think the Cavs did the deal more for the unprotected 2011 1st round pick from the clippers, which currently stands at the 8th pick overall.

Not bad if they can get both Kyrie Irving(with their own pick) and Terrence Jones, with the Clippers pick.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

What a stupid trade for both sides.

To take a complete flake like Baron Davis and trade him to the worst team in the league? I mean, really....what do you expect to happen here? Dude is going to mail it in on day one. There has to be a buyout looming otherwise Gilbert is on crack.

As for the Clippers, I don't see the need to mess with things let alone attach a 2011 unprotected 1st-rounder with the deal. Baron for Mo straight up? I'm okay with that since Mo plays hard every night. But Baron + the pick for Mo? Awful.

Hopefully, somebody with a brain steps in and vetoes this thing before it's official.

1 person likes this.
  12. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

Cue Baron Davis injury in 3... 2...

13. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Cleveland is the perfect spot for the teaming up of Baron Davis and Antawn Jamison! Cleveland should go get Vince Carter. Who would have thought in '98 that Golden State and Toronto would feel like Miami and Toronto? I feel like a kid again!

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

The **** is this?

Cleveland got a top 10 pick for taking in Baron Davis.

Why didn't we send Jefferies, Brooks, and a filler for Davis and that pick. That would've been awesome to have two top 10 picks.

15. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

For cleveland, its all about the draft pick. They are trying to build the team back up.

For the Clips, its good because Moon is a FA after this year, and Mo makes 5 million less per year than Davis did. They might be able to free up enough space to sign a big name FA sooner than they would have been able to with Davis there.

If the draft really is as weak as is being reported, I'd say its a decent move for both teams, but better for LA.

16. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

NO! For us it should've been about the draft pick.

We could've walked out with a top draft pick in this deadline race. And we didn't?

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd hope that's their selling point in this deal since taking on one of the biggest flakes and headcases in the league like Baron certainly shouldn't ever be considered a basketball move.

I'd immediately look to buy him out if I were the Cavs. No question.

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Weak draft class or not, it's still the Cavs' best opportunity. They'll most likely do poorly again next season and get a top draft pick the following year anyways.

19. gah

gah Member

Sterling must be rejoicing in his hate for B Diddy, seriously if Baron had nightmares of being in a basketball hell they became true today, he is going to be on the edge, his career may not survive this contract.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe Morey can now get that Clipper pick from the Cavs.