1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay ClutchFans... let's all take a deep breath, the deadline has not passed yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Okay ClutchFans... let's all take a deep breath

All the posts and overreacting going on right is.. well crazy. Let's wait until past the deadline before we all take out our pitchforks and march down to Morey's office in Toyota Center.

[​IMG]

2. jwayne

jwayne Member

UMMM... Deadliine hasnt passed.

Every year, a bunch of people come on the GARM all anxious about the fact the Rockets havent made the same trade someone else has. It takes two to tango. We can all rest assured this team and it's front office is trying to get better. But you cant just make a move to make a move. It has to make sense... Already everyone has written off the Rockets making a trade to make us better. There is still a day left... If nothing happens, so be it. It wasnt for a lack of trying. I can guarantee that.

1 person likes this.
  3. syn

syn Member

This next day will sure be exciting...

4. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

DANNY GRANGER

5. amaru

amaru Member

How long have you been working for the Rockets? :confused:

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

I think it is a lack of direction.

IMO, Morey needs to make a trade that makes Rockets worse record wise.
    That kind of trade is not that hard and should have happened by now.

8. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

There is still time, but all the good looking girls already have dates and will for the foreseeable future.

9. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

10. Seth

Seth Member

Well we have 20 hours left and as of now:

The only promising superstar left: Chris Paul
    Old Superstar: Nash

Promising All-Star: Granger

Good players: Igoudala, Wallace... many.

Something can be done.

I´ll have faith, i can have faith for one more day, and if my faith fails, i can only come back here and complain about others... :p

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey recently said we will be one of the top teams in terms of flexibility going into the new CBA.

It sounds like he is trying to preemptively invoke a silver lining if/when nothing significant happens.

12. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

5 star thread.

Like I said in another post, Morey isn't going to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal, he's going to make sure it's the right one.

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Oh gosh, Morey has been saying we have the best assets, we have flexibility, blah blah blah. He has yet to make his "big move". I'm about to go to this job interview and if a trade doesn't happen by the time I get back "somebody gonna get a hurt real bad".

J/K. But seriously.

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

It just cant be helped. For the last five years evreytime we have had some kind of HOPE for an awesome season - it has led to utter failures and dissapointments. Most of that can be blamed on injuries.

Everytime there is some sort of HOPE to land a star, that has also led to utter failures and dissapointments. Who knows where the blame goes there? It could be anything from stars not wanting to come here, not having the adequate pieces for a trade or even incompetany on Moreys behalf.

The fans need a scapegoat for not being able to reap the joys from that HOPE. They need to vent their frustrations from setback after setback.

I freakin hate sucked into any kind of HOPE or OPPORTUNITY. It never results in anything that puts a smile on my face but the exact opposite. Talking from a Rockets point of vew. Im not an emo or anything.

15. worzel gummidge

I've lowered my expectations, just dump Brooks for a bag of chips

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ya I hate to say it but there arent many options left for us to reload. If he has to give away Scola/ Martin for some picks I won't be hurt. I was looking at Lee/ Miller to Chi for Asik/(Scrub SG) and bobcats pick while sending Martin to Dallas for Butler(huge expiring) and a 1st and Dallas sending Beibois to Chi (thats what would assure we get that CHA 1st round pick he wouldn't be untouchable if Cuban got Martin

Then trading Battier to Bost for Edren & Bradley Filler(Oneil expirs in 2012) maybe Second.

I think we could temp Memph with Scola for Mayo and something to equal contracts.

To make space on the roster throw make sure to deal Hill and AB(NJ?) somewhere.

These trades will make our team pretty bad for about 2 years but we'd have so much young talent to work with and lots of picks to try and grab some more pieces. Plus our roster would be in such bad shape next year maybe we could land a top 5 draft pick. Atleast this young team would be fun to watch

Next Season with JJ Yao Butler off the books we have lots of extra doe.

Lowry/ Ish / Bradley
    Mayo/ Scrub from Chi/ Edren
    Twill/ Bud (unless we grab someone else in a trade)
    Hayes/Pat (cripple oneil)
    Asik/ Edren
    With all our picks Plus Cha '12 first (possibly top 5) '12 Dallas 1st Celtics 1'st or 2nd Possibly a decen NJ pick for AB.

Rebuild Mode :)

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What ticks me off is it seems like other teams are seeing the big picture but our management seems to be in lala land mentally! So New Orleans has Okafur and David West starting and Landry is now coming in for David West? But we have effing Chuck Hayes starting at center now htf we competing with that? Tell me? It's BS!

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This could be used as a reply for 99% of GARM posts.

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Granger is nice, but I don't know if he is the right piece that we looking for.

20. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Also keep in mind that D Will trade came out of NOWHERE. D Will found out he was traded through sportscenter...no one saw it coming.

It's impossible to predict what is coming, just gotta be patient