1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Do you think Josh Smith could fit with the Rockets and fill our defensive void?

1. Yes

460 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No Way we need someone else

94 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. mcmo2789

mcmo2789 Member

2. Sanity2disChaos

I could see this as a possibility for the ROX.....Makes both teams better and takes care of each teams needs...

I could see:

Lowry-Beasty!!
    Martin-tier 2 superstar
    Aminu-young and athletic
    Scola-Scorer/high energy
    Kaman-legit Center

This is a good lineup without loosing our 3 main starters......I like my friend...NOW WE PLAY THE WAITING GAME.

3. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PG: Lowry (34), Ish (10), Lee (4)
    SG: Martin (28), Lee (20)
    SF: Kirilenko (24), Prince (24)
    PF: Scola (26), Patterson (16), Hayes (6)
    C: Kaman (22), Hayes (14), D. Jordan (12), Wallace, Fesenko

We'd make the playoffs this year, probably.

Then bring Battier back next season for a relatively low salary. Only re-sign Kirilenko and/or Prince if the price is right. Bring Yao back next year, anything he can bring would be an added bonus.

Next year:

PG: Lowry, Ish
    SG: Martin, Lee
    SF: Battier, Kirilenko/Prince
    PF: Scola, Patterson, Hayes
    C: Kaman, Yao, D. Jordan, Wallace

plus some nice young draft talents

:cool:

#2684 AroundTheWorld, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  5. worzel gummidge

NJ: Brooks (rfa) + Butler (exp)
    DAL: Harris + Ross (exp)
    ORL: T-Will
    HOU: Roddy Beaubois + rights to Fran Vazquez + $2.2M TE (Magic)

IND: Martin + Hill
    HOU: Paul George + Dunleavy (exp)

Lowry, Beaubois, Smith
    George, Lee
    Battier, Dunleavy, Budinger
    Scola, 2Pat
    Hayes, Miller

2011-12
    Lowry, Beaubois, Smith
    Lee, Llull
    George, Budinger
    Scola, 2Pat
    Vazquez, Hayes, Miller

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

NeNe seeks $60 mill for 5 years

NeNe is no where near the level of Horford or Noah. In his dreams. I would be happy offerring him 5 year $40 Mill.

I wonder if Morey would sign him for that much out of desperation of Denver rejects NeNes offer?

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Scola and Battier to OKC for Green and Kristic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Works for both teams we get a nice young player and a center and they get two veterans who can help OKC become serious contenders.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Green and Ibaka. I know it's a pipe dream.

9. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I've got a few variations of a trade that I've been mulling for awhile:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4o9bdv8
    HOU gets: DeMarcus Cousins, Andris Biedrins, Jason Thompson
    GSW gets: KMart, Garcia, Dalembert
    SAC gets: Monta Ellis, JHill, Ekpe Udoh, AB0, Amundson

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4lgoctq
    HOU gets: DeMarcus Cousins, Udrih, Biedrins
    GSW gets: KMart, Dalembert, Jeffries
    SAC gets: Monta, Udoh, Charlie Bell, AB0

The key pieces in this scenario are KMart, AB0, DeMarcus, Biedrins, and Dalembert.

Why HOU does it: Though they lose KMart and AB0, they get a huge upside player in DeMarcus Cousins. They would have to take on the contract of Biedrins and a filler player (in this situation, Udrih or Thompson, both of whom are movable), but Biedrins' contract being as nasty as it is, he'd be a decent fill-in 5. Losing AB for nothing in the offseason isn't an attractive option and throwing him into this trade ensures they get something back. Whichever team wants him (SAC or GSW) can have him, really.

Why GSW does it: They can build around a more traditional 2 guard, which Monta is not. They can pair Steph and KMart for a more balanced backcourt attack. They also get out from under Biedrins contract. They get Dalembert, a 1 year rental that expires at the end of the deal. I'm assuming that the price to move such a big expiring would be to take on one of SAC's bad contracts (Garcia) or get an expiring from HOU so we can take on a bad contract (Udrih).

Why SAC does it: It's their choice of building around Tyreke or Cousins, and it seems Cousins would be on the outs since he gets along with no one on that team. They get a premier player in Monta who brings that franchise credibility. They also get an infusion of youth with prospects like Udoh and Hill (and possibly AB0).

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jazz are in rebuild mode.

Morey go get Jefferson on the cheap.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

If he wants Nene Morey better be offering that contract extension somewhere in that neghborhood and then maybe? Maybe they trade him to us cheaper to avoid that price tag..

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

All bigs and their agents know that teams overpay for size. Look at Andrew Bynum. He's not a bad player, and not a bad guy, but he's always hurt. Always.

13. Rockets_4_life

The Maloofs owners of the Kings are financially hurting and will most likely be moving the Kings to a bigger market with better revenues. So with the Sacramento Kings possibly moving to Anaheim next year, there gonna want to make an immediate splash with their new fan base. That's were the Kings good old friend the Houston Rockets come in.. ;)

Sac receives: Aaron Brooks, Luis Scola, Patrick Patterson, Jared Jeffries, 2012 NY 1st round Pick

Hou receives: Demarcus Cousins, Samuel Dalembert

14. tharges

tharges Member

kasey (houston)

What's the Rockets move now?

Chad Ford (1:39 PM)

Oh boy. Darryl Morey has been super active trying to package all of those assets into a star. He's tried to land Bosh, Melo, DWill, CP3 but no one seems to be in love with Kevin Martin, Luis Scola or any of his young assets. He's going to be creative and aggressive, but just not a lot of interest in what the Rockets are selling.

15. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

... or Milsap! :grin:

16. tharges

tharges Member

ZACH RANDOLPH is who we should be targeting crew these Jazz Players

17. worzel gummidge

18. joesr

joesr Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4qlpmgz

I don't see the Pacers doing this but this is just a Rox's fan tired and wanting a pure rebuild already.

Martin, Scola and Miller for George, Hibbert, Ford and Dunleavy.

I don't see them wanting to give up Hibbert.

Collison
    Martin
    Granger
    Scola
    Miller

....is a decent competing line up.

Lowry
    Lee
    George
    Pattersen
    Hibbert

....could be a team of the future??

Lotsa money to play with for the years to come. follow up with trading Brooks and Shane for 1st rounders, combine our 3 first rounders for a low low 1st round and cross your fingers.

19. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I like it but I like the idea of getting young players and Hibbert would be AWESOME.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If i'm the rockets here's what I'm doing. Some will say that it is selling our players for 50 cents on the dollar, but we reap the added benefit of having our younger guys get more playing time. It is definantly time to start over. I think these trades are fairly even but i might be wrong

1st - Sac has long since expressed interest in brooks. I think they will take him off our hands for Hassan Whiteside and if its not asking too much a protected first round pick that slowly looses protection. This trade becomes moot if sacramento really has no interest in brooks

2nd- Shane deserves to go to a contender. Boston has a need for wing defense. We send them battier and in return I'd be happy with a late first rounder in the 2012 or later draft and Avery Bradley ( the kid has potential and i dont think boston is particulary enamored with him ) Boston might have to add a filler to make salaries match. I'm no expert on those sorts of things

3rd - its an idea that has been tossed around for a while , Scola to OKC . they definantly need a post presence and i dont think Green is too much to ask. I would do scola for green straight up... Also i dont think scola needs to be traded at the deadline and i feel that we might be able to get a better deal during the offseason ... but moving scola does free up P Pat and Hill to get more playing time..Yes jordan hill. As bad as he has been, All players should stand to improve if they get more signifacant minutes.... and despite some peoples beliefs he DOES have untapped potential. maybe he reaches it/ maybe he doesnt.

4th- with most of our veterans gone we should try to deal martin and maybe even lowry in the offseason. I realize that they are good players but in martins case he doesnt play defense. we should see if we can get asik+ filler + cha 1st and a few of the bulls firsts for him . Maybe i'm underestimating him but, if you're chicago you take that deal any day of the week. And from the rockets standpoint , if we arent going to keep him we should max value from him. I think the teams that would want him most are orlando or chicago and of those 2 chicago can offer us more.

I want to apoligize right now for the length of the post, i dont write too much but i feel very strongly about this and wanted to imput my ideas into the discussion.
    those trades give us a roset like this

lowry/ish/bradley
    lee/twill/filler from chicago
    green/bud/twill
    hill/Ppat/jefferies
    hayes/asik/whiteside/miller
    and i might have forgotten a few

Thats a pretty terrible lineup, but one that has some potential in the future.
    Now, In the offseason we really have some options. I would first try to buy our miller. That wont happen though. based off of what happened the rest of the season we can decide whether or not to sign Green. But more improtantly we enter the draft with our own high pick and other picks from various teams. We can use them or trade them. I trust Morey in this area. The other thing i might add is we can find a deal during the deadline for jefferies expiring i would pursue it. Thats all i can think of right now. Hit me back with your thoughts.