1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Anthony Jones finally does something good.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He had a similar play to force OT in Austin last season. I think he's been shooting well this season. He should have a good senior year next season.

3. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Didn't get to watch, but it seemed like a good win for the Bears.

also, lol

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I know but he just mad so many stupid plays in the game, like blatantly stepping out of bounds when the game was tied with like 30 seconds left.

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Jones will definitely be scary once he gains the confidence that is going to come in the next few years. I hope he gains more of that confidence in the NBA next year (as I think he probably will).

Also gotta say that he seems like a pretty humble guy out there that makes it easy to root for him even as an Aggie.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I really really hope yesterday was a turning point.

7. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

DraftExpress did a nice write up on Perry Jones' season thus far.

(Link)

Article does a good job detailing how Jones is playing so far, although the 33% accuracy on jumpers surprised me a bit. I thought he was hitting at a higher clip than that.

8. sammy

Good effort in the second half for Baylor. At least, we have something to look at for the next meeting against Texas. Post up Dunn as much as possible..drive to the hole and then eventually it'll open up his 3 point game.

We get a week off to prepare for Tech at home and then get ready for the tough games the week after.

9. MadMax

NIT, here we come!!!

10. sammy

Were in the first four out so we better get our act together fast. Hopefully, we can make some noise in the big 12 tourney. Sucks that its come down to this. The next few games are huge.

#630 sammy, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

What a crushing loss at home to just a BAD Tech team. Wow. And Tech didn't even have their best all around player. And their front court had fouled out with most of the 2nd half left to play!

Honestly. Can even one of you seriously say with a straight face that Scott Drew is anything other than an abysmal head coach at this point? Or maybe it's the fault of The Bear Pit? Did they do the Peanut Butter Jelly thing? Maybe that would have helped.

I don't know the answer. So talented, yet so deeply flawed. And guess what? You'll probably lose 3 out of the next 4. I thought you told me you were going to be good this year? No. That was in football? No. Womens basketball. With the man lady!

I'll check back from time to time.

-Hank

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

when the sheep get tired?

13. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Who cares about Baylor?! This is clutchfans, not bearsfans.

14. sammy

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=201102050587
    I'm not sure if you're bright enough to tell but this is the college and international basketball section, donkey.

15. sammy

This season has come down to horrible PG play. AJ Walton is garbage. Hopefully, that transfer from Cal can help in the area.

Here's to also hoping that Perry Jones returns. Blake Griffin played 2 seasons. So did Jordan Hamilton after an uninspiring freshmen campaign. We could rebound in a huge way just like Texas has with Miller and Bello coming in. It could be eerily similar to Texas this season with Thompson and Joseph playing great alongside Hamilton.

16. ItsThat1Guy

ItsThat1Guy Member

Difficult to believe that the season is going the way it is.

If PJ3 returns, which I realize is highly unlikely, what will that mean for scholarships? Wouldn't the team have more than 13 players? :confused:

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Did any of you catch the Missouri game? I'm just wondering how the Bears did since their season is completely on the brink at this point...

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

I'll check back from time to time.

-Hank the Sheep Loving Cowdog

18. MadMax

That pop you heard last night was baylor's bubble bursting.

This team is sooo sloppy, that's it's difficult to watch. They start to make a comeback...they get a rebound and a chance to cut what was a much larger lead down to 6...they make a nearly half-court pass with 3 defenders nearby...turnover and points the other way. That one play was a microcosm for the entire 2010/11 season.

19. sammy

How sweet it is

20. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

We own aggy in hoops this year. We need to get these last two.