1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutch Tweet] Rockets insider: change coming, need players with more upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Feb 16, 2011.

1. thejav

thejav Member

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

LMAO! Mad TV reference, you don't see a lot of those.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Asik is a 7 foot, 255 pound rookie who can block shots and rebound. Considering how hard those are to come by, how badly we need someone who fits that description, and the fact that the Bulls want to keep him, it would be a big deal for the Rockets to snag the guy. It would probably cost us plenty. They supposedly may want Courtney Lee, for starters.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Just think, he couldve drafted asik or jordan in 08 vs ray lewis with a basketball.

5. RocketMania1991

I'm aware of who Asik is. I just view that as a minor trade move for a franchise that needs major moves.

If all we come away with at the deadline is a Lee for Asik deal then I won't be satisfied.

This team needs a turnover of roster, and new head coach with a new philosophy.

There are so many players available on the market right now. Ranging from young guys with high ceilings to borderline All-Stars.

The Rockets need to make moves on anyone they can that could benefit us in the long-term.

Personally I'd love to get OJ Mayo, Anthony Randolph,Asik, Danny Granger, Stephen Curry,Monta Ellis. Or anyone for that matter that is available for the right price.

A minor roster change won't change the direction of this team, but a major one will.

A major trade gives us a direction which is either rebuilding or legitimate title contending.

One or the other. The Rockets need to go all on one of those choices.

Rockets are on the verge of falling off the NBA map. We can't afford another .500 year of irrelevancy without at least having a sense of which way we are going.

6. valorita

valorita Member

At that time, our team was ready to compete and so we wanted to draft someone in the second round that had the greatest chance of contributing soonest.

Now, i think that strategy has changed and we'll be drafting on highest ceiling now based on our team's proximity to a championship caliber team.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's almost enough to make you weep.

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Morey's Master Plan to attain players with "upside"
    1st
    Lee and Jefferies to Memphis for Mayo and Thabeet.
    2nd
    Scola and Battier to OKC for Green and their 1st rnd pick and BJ Mullens
    Last
    Brooks, C-Bud and Hill to Kings for Cousins

Starting Lineup:
    Lowry/Mayo/Ish
    Martin/Mayo
    Green/T-Will
    Hayes/PPat
    Cousins/Mullens/Thabeet

Lovin that Kentuky frontcourt! :grin:

One can dream right.

9. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Exactly!! From this point foward every move or lack of move needs to be with a clear direction in mind. I keep hearing Morey on the radio say that "we are looking for moves that help us both short-term AND long-term". We you can't get half pregnent! I know some moves can fall into both catagories but I'm guessing this next deal clearly defines a direction for the franchise.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Would be the most fantastic deadline ever. I love that look for the future.

11. Raven

Raven Member

:rolleyes:

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Do people think when they make these things? Role players for second overall draft pick lolz.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

While I think that trade proposed was a bit unrealistic you have a few things wrong.

First off Aaron Brooks averaged nearly 20 ppg and was the Most Improved Player last year. Demarcus was picked 5th and Jordan was picked 8th just one year earlier. Draft position means nothing in my opinion once the season starts it's all about performance.

14. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I apologize for being over sarcastic earlier. I just don't see that trade as very balanced, and I hate it when I see stuff like C-bud, plus Hill and cash for Danny Granger that some people post.

15. nathan8

nathan8 Member

At this point in time I really hope we don't opt to tank. The upcoming draft isn't so strong and it's an aching and lengthy process before we would become relevant again, even with a high pick, so no to tanking!
    I have my hopes sky high that something, just something insane becomes imminent and we have both our future plans and present plans off on the right foot.

fingers crossed Daryl, makes all of us proud.

------ Zach Randolph ----- ?

16. mFt82

mFt82 Member

This team sucks. The team i's blowing the season. And thus the case i's that the rockets will get 50-75 cents on the dollar in a trade. Also I think that the rockets need to make the right move-- anything less would simply be re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the titanic. If this Asik character i's a good fit-- and he fills a glaring hole on the roster since the day that Yao was drafted-- then I am all for it.

17. nathan8

nathan8 Member

No way man, no way in hell will Asik fill Yao's void on both ends of the floor. Sure he can block and rebound but for the package we are offering nah ah, no way Daryl, that's desperate!

All our fans keep saying we need him and we should get that guy and this guy will fill that void etc etc the list continues, but take a long look at the big picture and it shows that at this deadline if Daryl doesn't land somebody that will help our future as well as our present then what do we do?

There 3 players are most realistic at this deadline:
    1.Nene
    2.Danny Granger
    3.Josh Smith

We where all surprised this time last year when Daryl managed to turn T-Mac into K-mart, Hill, Jeffries and a first round draft pick, so i'm not falling for ''Sources say he is not available".

18. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Now, Bleacher Report is for entertainment only; that's clearly their intention. In fact, I started to apply to write for them, until I thought about writing those silly articles.

Still, they had an article today, Houston Rockets: 10 Bold Predictions for the Post All-Star Break, that startled me. What got me was, the three trades they proposed were close to what I've been thinking myself:

To be sure, I'd probably structure the deals a little differently, and I'd be happy without Thabeet and Kapono, but I have been thinking that we could do something like these trades, and still keep a good part of our core.

I suppose if I'm dreaming, I don't have to worry about this post.

19. nathan8

nathan8 Member

I love the 3rd proposition. That move I would be satisfied with.

20. thejav

thejav Member

nene has got to be our #1 priority..if nene is not a possibility than we still need to chase for a center..id at least try to get omer asik.. filling the center void should be 2nd to none for morey at this point..