1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutch Tweet] Rockets insider: change coming, need players with more upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Feb 16, 2011.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I wont because I think he's a 3 man. Jamison,Marion,Nance,Horry,and harrignton were all forwards minus the letter. I think he has the agility and mobility along with the form to play the 3. Thats where I would play him. His lateral movement is good enough, his short dribble is also. His length would allow him to play off some and as far as 3 pt shot, he can develop that.

2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

We should trade Martin and play C. Lee

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I'm pretty everyone is available, as often stated by Woj and others.
    Woelfel is a bucks beat writer. Maybe the Rockets were talking to the Bucks about Bogut and were offering anyone but Scola. Just a guess.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Come on, mannnnn.

It's time for an update on those prescriptions! He's nothing like most of those players you listed. Jamison, Horry and Harrington are all great three-point shooters. Anthony Randolph, your boy, is a 15% career three-point shooter! But that stat is misleading. Why? Because he's only shot 13 of them in three years. 13! The man doesn't even shoot three-pointers as is, yet you think he can grow into great three-point shooters like the ones you mentioned. No chance.

Simply put, leebigez: the man is NOT someone you want hanging around the perimeter.

He's a decent ball-handler, but he's not crossing over Shane Battier and taking him to the hole. He's not hitting a step-back jumper off the dribble on Kevin Martin. He's got a good handle -- for a big man. His handle as a perimeter player is average.

Yes, he's quick on his feet and is incredibly long -- that's why you play him at PF! He's a HUGE mismatch offensively because he can blow past his man on the perimeter, taking advantage of the short-dribbles you mentioned. He doesn't have that same quickness advantage from the SF position.

Defensively, his best asset is his freakishly long athleticism that he uses to block shots. Putting him as a SF takes him away from the basket and lowers one of the biggest contributions he would make to our defense -- which is shot blocking.

The PF position is his position; stop trying to make him a hybrid that he's not and develop him at one position: PF.

Scola for Bogut deal should be a no-brainer for the Rockets. Hopefully they have it as an option as the deadline nears.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As far as our bet, i'm thinking tomorrow is the big day. ;)

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I wouldn't be shocked if Minnesota traded for Anthony Randolph and put him at SG.

7. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I'd love Bogut. I am not sure how his elbow will affect him down the road, but Bogut would be awesome.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't believe the Bucks beat writer. I think Luis is 1st on the trading list as part of a package for a defensive player. I doubt if Bogut will be traded,for any of our players.

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Well, we're trying to get one guy with serious downside - Carmelo Anthony.

What I mean is, once we have him, there are two likely scenarios in which we end up losing: 1) He just walks at the end of the season. At most, we get some cap space, depending what our numbers are, and what the new CBA says. 2) we get to trade him to the Knicks. It's tough when you can only trade him to one team, and they have little incentive to give you very much. We are not likely to get as much back from the Knicks as we give up to get him.

10. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

One possible explanation: they're fixing to make an unpopular trade, and "upside" is how they're going to sell it to the public.

11. HMMMHMM

Yeah sure. But if the Bucks are going to trade Bogut, they'll start rebuilding their team around Jennings.
    They'd have need for Scola, whereas the Rockets would probably rather trade some of their young guys and keep Scola to pair him with Bogut.

12. HMMMHMM

Make that no need.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade Morey at first;
    It's Morey who has brought too many soft players: Martin, Miller, Budinger, Brooks, Scola.......

14. mrjuandiego1988

[​IMG]

15. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Can we just throw out random names in this thread?

If so....CJ Miles anyone?....OJ Mayo?

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

DJ Mbenga?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know about his elbow, either, but assuming it's eventually going to be OK, I'd love to get him. I'm a huge fan of Luis, but it would be adios, amigo, if we could get Bogut and Scola had to be part of the deal.

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If I'm the Bucks, I trade Jennings not Bogut. I'm pretty sure the Bucks know that too.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Got it.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No way they give up Jennings.