1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutch Tweet] Rockets insider: change coming, need players with more upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Feb 16, 2011.

1. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Oh, good, for a second I was wondering if we'd be trading for players with more downside. Good plan so far Morey...

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

More upside, eh?

Miller to Indiana???

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh the excitement intensifies!

morey surprised us last year, let's do it again

4. mrjuandiego1988

what exactly did he bet?

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We Rebuilding!

YES!!!

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

if we rebuild we better not trade t will...pat pat or courtney lee...

I think lee can be an awesome 2nd option as a 2 way...I think t will can be a first option and awesome playmaker...and patt patt as a david west type player.

Id love to keep those guys and add a stud center like cousins or Gortat. Nene would work too.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

JJ hickson, Mayo, , Monroe, Daye, A Randolph, Hawes, casspi, whiteside

These seem like young guys (23 and under) with upside, who aren't somewhat "untouchable" to their teams and could be attractive to Houston

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not so fast there.

9. srrono

srrono Member

what are you guys thoughts on these players from the raptors
    Alexis Ajinca C 7-2 248 05/06/1988
    Solomon Alabi C 7-1 251 03/21/1988

I have not seen them play

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I liked Ajinca coming into the draft. He looks like he has skills. But he hasn't been able to get minutes anywhere. I still like him and think his skill set fits in with Adelman. Only question is what's in his head. Does he have the mentality to understand and run plays and does he have the work ethic to get better?

Alabi is a big slow plodder. He is Mutombo - lite..... very lite. He's that slow, with bad hands and no offensive game at all. But because he never leaves his feet, he can be detrimental to a driver because of his size. He's not a starting center in this league but he will likely stick around for several years simply because he is a seven footer. He's not worth trading for.

Ajinca may be worth trading a second rounder for but he's not a starter in the NBA, at least not right now, and he will not help us this season.

#70 jopatmc, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

;)

We're looking to bring in guys with potential, not trade them!

12. sumsin

sumsin New Member

I agree. The wait is killer. And I was really hoping we'd be hearing more rumors by now. At least it would be something to keep is interested, but nope. It's all the same old news.

13. Rockets_4_life

If we're rebuilding, Martin has stated in the past he wants no part of it..

So with that said ... "Kevin Martin for Greg Monroe + filler"... get it done Morey!

14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I would love Mayo, Daye and Whiteside particularly... and although we'd have to give up some pieces, I would really love getting all three of those guys at this year's deadline... wouldn't dislike anyone on that list though.

15. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I don't hate this.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this.

i just dont know what direction this team is going in. you can't blame morey on that, he's just playing with the cards he was dealt... but we need some direction. being a middle of the road team that can't attract top flight talent is killing us. not bad enough to acquire a superstar via the draft and not good enough to attract superstar talent via free agency.... we're just kinda stuck in purgatory.

i'll tell you this much, trading for guys like anthony randolph or thabeet ultimately do nothing for us.... we either need to completely rebuild and brring in a legitimate superstar.

17. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

some trades I'd like to see us try:

Martin + Battier for K. Perkins + R. Allen (Allen and Pierce are getting old, Martin will provide much needed offense and youth, Battier defense...it costs them Perkins, but with KG, Baby, and when healthy, Shaq + Oneil, they may still have enough big guys on the roster to battle LA + Miami....for us, the reasons are obvious, Perkins is a defensive stud, Allen is decent short term and perfect fit for RA system)

Brooks for Batum - Battier is getting old, and Batum is an excellent defensive SF. I would do this trade if we move Battier in another trade only.

Lee for Asik - If we fail at K. Perkins or Nene, I would trade Lee for a decent 7 ft center any day.

Lee for Mayo - I would do this only if we trade Martin for a big (Nene or Perkins etc)...Mayo could play backup or even start. Has more upside than Lee imo

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm in favor of projects, so long as we actually work on the project......

We have an abundance of talented one way players, let's not have ourselves an abundance of project players..... Not only is that equally as bad, their trade values are questionable in the future.

19. BreakYoSelfFool

Who could we possibly find with more upside than the likes of Shane Battier and Jared Jeffries?

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

They shoulde started this the moment Yao limped off the court in the playoffs. Neverless, Iwould like to see a couple of additions and I dont care whether Adelman will play them or not.

Battier and filler for Turiaf and Randolph.

Miller and Hill for Thabeet

Brooks for Jason Thompson

Scola for Sessions and a pick.

After all that, what am I left with?

Lowry-Sessions-Smith
    Martin-Budd-Lee
    Randolph-Williams
    Thompson-Hayes-Patterson
    Thabeet-Turiaf-Hayes-Yao

The team is now under the lux tax, just got another te and a pick for scola. Alll of the new guys are fairly young and cheap. At the end of next season, the team will be in the financial position to go after Williams and Howard,plus thompson and randolph will still be on their rookie deals. Once they get Williams and Howard, they could trade Lowry and session would be the backup pg. After the progress, randolph and thompson would be extended at the right price. Turiaf will be the backup to howard and thabeet would be signed and traded or just not re-signed.

Williams
    Martin
    Randolph
    Thompson
    Howard

Long,athletic,starting 5 with a closer in williams handling the pg spot. Chase,Lee,and sessions provide backcourt depth and turiaf,patterson providing frontcourt depth. Howard,Thompson,and Randolph would be the newer version of Dream,Thorpe,and Horry with their length,size,and athleticism.