1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone Else Super Pissed @ AB???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spankie, Feb 12, 2011.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Brooks is Lowry's backup now, and has been for most of the year. I'm sure his injury and losing the starting job has played a role in shaking his confidence, but there is no guarantee that he would be playing well if he never got hurt. He was playing inconsistent before the injury during the 5 game losing streak to open the season.

So what has he done to warrant being paid more than Lowry? Based on this year's play he is overpaid with his current salary. Every other restricted free agent we have had recently has played well in the last year of their contracts. See Scola and Lowry last year. If he was smart he would play out of his mind and get another team to offer a contract that the Rockets felt was too high to match if he wants out. His current play may get him out of Houston, but it's not going to get him paid more than Lowry.

The coach is giving him a chance despite his play to shake out of it. Adelman is kind of in a lose-lose situation with the fans there. If he doesn't play him and let Brooks fail on the court, the fans would be screaming why isn't he playing one of the best offensive players on the team from last year? He is getting multiple chances to prove he should be the starter, or even that he should be playing at all, which is more than his play recently has suggested he deserves.

1 person likes this.
  2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

No not really. Morey didnt move him at max value last season, the offseason, the begining of season. So not really his fault he fell off killing our value on another one Morey lets slip out he is trading away and he pouts to purposely sabotage his value like always. Pretty much standard Morey practice.

3. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

Yeah, I'm pissed at Brooks but hey, let's be honest, other than the starters who else has shown intensity besides maybe ppat off the bench? Hill just stands there most nights, Bud had that slump where he just stood there, Miller sometimes does, Lee is a non factor most games, etc... I'm mad at the entire bench. They could be the best bench right now. Could be. And AB is just dragging them down even more. Nevertheless, i still support him just maybe not here in houston.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not going to make excuses for a player, but its clear the guy isnt healthy. His shot balance is all off because of the over compensating of the ankle. I had that high ankle sprain the day after my birthday playing pro-am and the doctor said I would've been better off breaking it. At least that way they could immobilize it and let it heal completly. Throught my high school and college basketball days, I never got injured other than the occasional ankle sprain, but this was different. I couldnt put any weight on it for like 6 weeks, then I had to rehab it and i still had a sharp pain 6 monthss later when i was playing. I developed shin splints in my other leg, because I started doing everything off my other leg. It took about 9 months before i was pain free.The high ankle sprain is the same one that detoured grant hill and his hall of fame career.

When I talk about explosion in a player, its the ability to get by another player and increase the distance going to the rim.Some players can get by a player,but they can recover and challenge. What made brooks special in a sense was the explosion factor. He could get by a player and increase the distance,but now,he cant. I was watching last night and even when he does get by, they can catch up. On his jumpers,his balance is way off. He's just going to play through it even though its messing him up.

5. mazinger

mazinger Member

Brooks IS to blame for the bench's piss poor play. Did you not see how well they played the other day when Brooks was suspended and Ish ran point?

People defend Brooks saying, "Oh, he's still hurt". Well, sit his ass down until he's healthy. But that's not the reason, he's just not that good of a player. He was over achieving just like Landry was. It's too bad we are not able to cash in on him like we did with landry.

I'm also just as frustrated in Adleman as I am of Brooks. How many more games is he willing to lose because he wants to play Brooks to maybe hope he plays like last year? Isn't half a season enough? It's not like Brooks is a superstar or level below them. He sucks and he will never perform like he did last year.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Leeb, Brooks isn't just missing shots because his ankle isn't 100%, he's also making lousy decisions on the court that are affecting the ability of the team to compete and, dare I say, actually close out and win games. Were it me coaching the team, I'd have AB sitting and Ishmael the point off the bench, until Ish shows he doesn't belong on the court with the second unit. Leave AB to watch games until he's "recovered" enough to help us win. In my opinion.

7. brosef

brosef Member

trade lowry.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Brooks has got to go. He's never going to get over what's happened to him, and I seriously doubt his next contract is going to satisfy him. In fact, I'm sure of it. No team is going to offer him the contract Kyle got, so a bad problem is only going to get worse.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah dude, AB is a POS that only cares about himself. I'd rather have Sasha Vujacic than AB, at least he hustles and plays hard.

Plus, AB jacks up so many threes in crucial situations and misses them like he doesn't give a ****, lets be real, there are hundreds of players in college that could come into the league right now and shoot better than 35% from the field...

AB used to be one of my favorite players, now I am having a hard time trying to figure out who i hate more...

10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

To add something, if it really is his ankle that is causing him to play so badly, then he needs to be traded anyway... because that means when he gets a little older and loses his quickness, he'll go back to playing like garbage again. But this isn't because of his ankle, he playing like this because he is being a little b**** about his situation. Grow up AB...

11. kbp944f

kbp944f Member

Enough excuses. Time to get rid of him. He can not defend anyone. This, year he is not great an offensive player either.

12. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

13. ACL1

ACL1 Member

if their excuse is that he is not healthy. they should do what hey did with TMac. JUST DON'T PLAY HIM. he is clearly hurting this team's chances to win any games. He can be hurt, but bad ankle is not an excuse for bad decisions on the court every time he has the ball in his hand.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

35% FG on 11 shots per game

good ****ing grief that is pathetic :rolleyes:

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

brooks is steve francis on meth..

he goes so fast he sped through the full career arc in 4 seasons.

at least this time, it didn't cost us a max contract and moochie norris.

16. megamind

megamind New Member

It is really unfair how brooks stinky point guard play causes the rest of bench to lose minutes. When the second unit isn't doing well, Aldeman bench everyone on the second unit except for Brooks. It is not his bad play that pissed me off. It is his attitude. He's just so arrogant.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

100% agree. I think Ish should be playing and brooks should sit until he is pain free. That to last night had nothing to do with his ankle, but like anyone will tell you, you have to look out for the best. His balance is terrible right now which is killing his shot. His explosion is not there which prevents him from navigating his way around the court. He's a mess and so is the team.

Adelman keeps playing him because he wants to see him break out of and he knows he's a big piece if the rockets are going on some kind of run. Its not gonna happen because the team doesnt have good enough players.

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

In all fairness, most of your threads are pretty bad. They won't be missed. =(

19. worzel gummidge

Uh, if Brooks had gotten an extension, he would still still be on his current contract/same money this year.

Lowry didn't get starter's money. It'd be a worry for sure. Even if Brooks gets the same contract as Lowry he might sulk for not getting what he thinks he's worth.

20. AXG

AXG Member

Oh no! Next year, he will lead a team to the championship and win Finals MVP.