1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2/10 games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 10, 2011.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Lakers jerseys are atrocious. What are those? A mix of the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's in one jersey?

[​IMG]

They're supposed to look like that.

2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I'm sure your emotions have never taken over, I should go tell Von to be perfect like you.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Does anyone else find the size of Kobe's jersey distracting?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

You read my mind! My uncleverly disguised Von Wafer thread :p

Not sure why.

Kobe says 'That's bull****", ha, and gets a technical. Kobe, you gotta respect the game! :p :rolleyes:

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

How am I hating? I'm just stating my opinion of what he did. I like him as a player... but what he did won't be forgotten.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What does that have to do with anything?

You downplay his actions as "a mistake" when it's a HUGE mistake. He lost control of his head in a playoff game when it mattered most.

Did I say he had to be perfect? Nope

For that matter, how many players have you seen recently get sent back to the locker room by their coaches because they lost their head?

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Von getting abused. Dont know why Rivers doesn't put Pierce on Kobe and Von on Artest. Artest is nothing but a terrible Jump shooter now; they wont go down to him in the post.

Unless Pierce is in foul trouble or they don't want him to get into foul trouble.

8. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I get it yes, it was a "huge mistake." That doesn't mean you can't give the guy a second chance.

That's all I'm saying about this, let's talk about the game now.

9. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

That's a BS call, Von swatted Pau.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Nice to see Avery Bradley in the game.

Ex-Longhorn.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Lakers are their own worst enemy.

12. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Does it annoy anyone else how when they're talking, after a play is made, they always stop what they're saying to say "as _______ does whatever."

For example:

"Ray Allen works constantly on his 3 point shooting, as Kobe misses a jumper, and that's why he's the all time leader." Finish your sentence, we can see what's going on.....

I've noticed JVG does this all the time too.

Pugs

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If the Celtics can't keep Kobe out of the lane then what are they going to do when they see Wade and LeBron in the playoffs?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

@pugs Ha, I notice but it doesnt bother me too much

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm sorry, Rondo isn't the best PG in the NBA. He's very good, but not #1.

16. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

I think Miami should be more concerned about how their front court is gonna hold up against Boston's.

Kobe was Kobe tonight --- Kloser.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Big win for LA, I believe they have their weaknesses but they are still the champs and having so much dam size on the front court is a MAJOR advantage over anyone other then a healthy Boston team and MAYBE Chicago. The Bulls have some serious frontcourt talent with Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Asik(for now ;) ) and Thomas.

18. clippy

clippy Member

Shooting is the second most important job for a PG, because it doesn't let the defense sag. This is why Nash > Kidd and Rondo won't be the top PG until he gets a jumper.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Both teams have matchup problems for the other team. However, the Celtics frontline really doesn't score points. There really is no Boston big for Miami to stop offensively. If Wade and LeBron catch fire at the same time....

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

With Celts/Heat/Lakers, I see a possible triangle. Celts are built to beat the Lakers (tonight notwithstanding), Lakers are definitely built to beat the Heat and the Heat are built to beat the Celts.

I think if both teams are healthy, the Heat will beat the Celts in the ECFs and possibly pave the way for the Lakers to win another championship. If Celts are healthy, Lakers can't beat them over 7 games. Last June, if PP had shown up in game 3, Celts would have won in 5 or if Perkins hadn't got hurt, Celts would have won in 6 or 7.