1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trying to get Anthony Randolph...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Dec 11, 2010.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You speak as if Randolph is a five in this league but he's not.

Like I said earlier: I'm all for this trade if New York somehow includes 40 lbs of muscle so the dude can play center for us.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Starting a player does not equal developing a player.

3. SunsRocketsfan

LOL not the per 36 stat again..
    the most overrated overused stat EVER.. its a stat to consider thats ALL..

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Randolph seems like a guy that will end up being a PF to me, with some ability to stretch the floor and create off the dribble. Why bring him in though, if you are not clearing a spot for him. We still have Twill wasting away on the bench.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ok, well what is he doing wrong with their development?

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Thats just it, Houston has a clear cut system for long term.

They adopted a D-league team, they turned it into thier offensive system, they send thier young raw new guys down there to learn the system and practice thier specific prospects.

There is no rush whatsoever to get guys on the court.

With NY and GS, there is no long term plan, its run and gun system, "can you shoot?" okay, get on the floor. Dantoni and Nelson are horrible in that right. There is no development, no mentoring, its lets put the best players on the court and hope to keep our jobs.

If Randolph is going to turn into something, he could do it here. He will never be anything in NY. Paitence is key wil guys like Patterson, Randolph, Hill, Williams, etc.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

This. We have too many power forwards already. We have four of them. We need a center.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Bingo! This kid was nails in his 1st season. Get him here so that we can develop him the right way. We already have a rotation set so he could go to the Vipers to get some playing time. Just to get him to playing is all we need. With a good stint in the D-league he may be ready in a month or so to get time with the team. It's just a waste having him sit on NY's bench every game. Too many people under-estimate our big man coaches which are way better than anything NY or GS can come up with.

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

The Knicks Chick was calling him Mr. Pringles a year ago.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

fwiw: [rquoter]The Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Houston Rockets remain the most likely destinations for New York Knicks forward Anthony Randolph(notes). The Knicks want a first-round pick for him.[/rquoter]

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Let's see. Memphis wants an expiring for Thabeet. NY wantsa pick for Randolph. We have both. Hmmm....lets get both!! :)

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah but what do you do with him and Patterson? With Chuck Hayes, Scola, Patterson, Hill here? He is still not getting playing time unless Porey plans on moving a Pf after this. If Morey is going after him to setup our depth in these positions to go after someone else with possible Scola or Patterson as trade bait? Then I am all for this move. If this more stockpiling with no plan? I dont know where its going?????? I guess I wont criticize this deal at all until I see Moreys plan developing. Which may be long and convoluted for me and maybe even Rick Adelman to deal with as coach.

13. jogo

jogo Member

Maybe NY decides to wait to get Melo this summer. Then they don't need a first round pick (though they'd probably still want one). Randolph has done NOTHING for them, though I agree that he did show flashes of greatness his first year. The interested teams decide they won't give up a first round pick for him. He then becomes tradeable for a player. We give NY an expiring to give them some $ to help when Melo signs as well as a good young player and take back a bad contract and Rando. They probably won't take Hill back (too bad), so then it becomes Bud/Lee/someone else+Jeffries for Rando+X. I'd probably do that.

14. jogo

jogo Member

Yes, trading for him assumes that some of Scola, Hill, Miller are traded in a separate deal.

15. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Member

We are going after the wrong Anthony.

16. Houston_Rockets

We are going after both Melo and Randolph.....

PeAcE

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We are going after the more attainable Anthony.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the knicks pick is gonna be worth crap next year when they spend their max salary space, maybe even on melo. might as well get some value for it now.

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Not only the problem of too many pf's but too many young projects ie Hill Randolph Ish Patterson twill. If the Rox are going to rebuild with youth like Mn or Memphis don't expect a ring any time soon.

Morey has lately been taking other teams castoffs like TWill, Hill and possibly Randolph hoping they become good players here. I think that's a low probability strategy to try to make your team better.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

A 1st rounder always has value, no matter where it ends up. Not only is AR a tweener, he also has horrible percentages and has a horrible shot. A no-name like Ryan Anderson is actually much better than he is.