1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Martin backs down from Mavs owner's challenge in the absence of referees

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 28, 2011.

1. IceMan

IceMan Member

I'm sure Cuban had no problem with Chandler scoring 24 pts on 8 shots last night.

2. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Come on it's obvious that Kevin Martin is a stat geeks dream boat.

Anyways, Martin has been scrappier on D he's playing the passing lane, and following his man through cuts tightly.

3. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

:grin: :grin: :grin:

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I don't get whyh you all find this funny. If anything its kinda sad because it's true. 90% of Martin's possession relies on him running into his defender and drawing a phantom foul. it's really disgusting to watch.

1 person likes this.
  5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

...someone had a long day behind the counter at Arby's.

6. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

The humor is that he is self aware and using self deprecating humor.

Omg people learn to laugh!

7. Happii

Happii Member

Agreed, he is a sure keeper when we finally find that superstar.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

yea I kno right??! I admire people who can laugh at themselves...not everyone can do that..it takes character to laugh at yourself..some people are just too uptight and wussy to laugh at themselves and when someone else does it seems so mind-boggling to them..lol

martin is a star in this league..he's just making a few jokes and lightening up the mood around the place..people like martin and yao are good people and not afraid to joke around about themselves. everyone should just laugh along at martins comments..because its actually funny! haha

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I would and I mentioned this as soon as Butler got hurt. Chandler and Butler for Martin,jeffries,and miller. They get a sg to play of kidd,a versitile defender,and miller to backup haywood. The rockets get a defender,shot blocker, and a guy who can defend in space, and another expiring. I think between chase and courtney they can make up for martins pts plus chandler will help lower the opp ppg.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

The question is would you take an above average big man if it meant Dallas would be the best western team for the next 3 years? I'd take Kidd+Dirk+KM+Haywood over just about anyone, even the Lakers and Miami. Are you kidding me? KM right now is scoring on 60% TS as the first option. Trade him to a strong team like the mavs I don't know how high he'll score. Not to mention Dirk would be unstoppable with another deadly scorer beside him.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Martin was a pretty good defender in his younger days, probably moreso than scorer when he played limited minutes on those playoff bound sacramento teams.

Obviously he can't defend the post, but for him it was always an effort/stamina issue.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

It doesnt matter anyway. The mavs will be better than the rockets for the next 3 yrs with or without martin anyway. When was the last time the rockets finished ahead of dallas? When was the last time they've made it further than Mavs in the playoffs? The rockets need to get into another window vs the one they're in right now.

13. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Do you also find Wade, Pau, Love, Griffin, Manu, Lebron, Durant disgusting to watch? Because completely ignoring FTs, he ranks amongst those players in scoring efficiency. He ranks above them all when you include FTs.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't think of a single reason why Dallas wouldn't do that one.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think it's a fair trade since Cuban could polish Yao's balls while he's standing straight up, instead of having to squat a little like he does with Dirk.