1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Oct 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

My frustration exactly............... :rolleyes:

Everybody wants to trade our best closer and playmaker for who? First it was Kirk Hinrich, now GERALD WALLACE? :confused: The guy couldnt hit the side of a barn from over 20 feet. We'd be a better defensive team but averaging JVG points on offense again. And who would start at point guard? Kyle Lowry doesnt space floor well enough for Yao. Team will sag off Lowry and harrass Yao all game. By trading Aaron, your basically creating a hole at the most important position on the court. Totally idiotic idea....

Side note: The solution is simple, Aaron needs help. With Lowry out he's been forced to play non stop. Ish isnt ready and nobody has proven they can run the team besides Brooks (w/ Lowry out). When Aaron comes back with a great game, i'm anxious to see how quickly some of you backtrack on Brooks

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

3. highlander3128

I give you credit for not flip flopping your opinions.

4. thefinalchapter

Aaron Brooks has quit on the Rockets!!!!!!!

Morey should trade him right now, while he still has a little value. We need 2 first round picks for him, and maybe get lucky in the draft, and get a franchise player. AB definitely needs to be traded

Things I am noticing with him, he is playing off his man way too much, and by the time he gets back to defend, the opponent has already launched a jumper. Also missing easy floaters/layups.It has gotten so bad now that I cringe everytime he shoots the ball. I dont know why Lowry keeps handing him the ball on the fastbreak, he is just gonna brick it.

Me personally I think AB likes it when the Rockets lose, has anyone ever noticed how AB throws lazy passes at his teammates feet, or he will purposely throw the ball in the lane when it is crouded with defenders. Some of the things i am seeing AB mess up on, are basic basketball fundemental plays.

His head is obviously not in the game, he is trying so hard to send an FU message to Morey, and Les for not signing him to a deal this summer. At first i was angry with Morey that they did not give him a deal, but i thank the Lord everyday, that Morey did not stupidly give him a contract. He is plays no defense(steals, defensive rebounds etc), he turns the ball over way too much, and he is a streak shooter. Sounds more like Mike James to me.

5. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

You're an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The really sad thing is hasn't quit. Not at all. He is playing his hardest.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can't trade what is not wanted.

8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I really have a problem with him allowing JJ to take him to the basketat will. His defense was just plain pathetic. If JJ makes a tough shot with a hand in the face you have to live with that. But letting him drive to the basket like that continually is just unacceptable.

9. gah

gah Member

LOL

Nice remark for a knee-jerk, but it's still just that, a stupid kneejerk thread.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Rockets have missed the Brooks from last year almost the entire season. I wonder what our record would be if we had that guy.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

too bad this thread was made last year....LOL ROFL LMAO!

12. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

JJ was schooling everybody today and have done before. The guy is on a great stretch of games.

Is hard to stop a P&R with Dirk setting the picks plus there and nobody to block shot in the front court.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Their record would be B.A.D. TYSON FREAKIN CHANDLER HAD A 20-10 night against them. :confused:

14. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Brooks will be traded by the deadline. He is being showcased if thats what you want to call it.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They're 4 or 5 games under .500 right now, but they've also lost a bunch of close games (they've actually scored more points their opponent on the season). That tells me that with a proper closer, they would likely have a record at least over .500. We'd still be a bad defensive team, but could have potentially been a top 5 offensive team if Brooks was the player I was expecting him to be this season.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Only for a light C or a superstar to play SF

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Fixed that for you ... Its much more fitting this way.

Thats all you could come up with ? No intelligent response , Attack the post not the poster .... its people like this that have kept me lurking rather than posting here.

As for Brooks , its pretty obvious he's frustrated and he has a lot to be frustrated about. The team not performing well , his injury , the front offices unwillingness to extend his contract prior to the season and his sub par play deflating that next contract day after day , Yao's injury exception set to expire in four days and the trade deadline looming.

Not to make excuses for his poor play of late .... dude needs to get it together.

I can easily see Brooks being moved in the very near future.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

brooks is a starting point guard on the timberwolves though.

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

we would have last year's brooks if the rockets organization would meet brooks's demands.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is last years Brooks. He has always been an consistent game-wise. He'll give you 2 games straight then drop one, then a good one and two bad ones.