1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[hoopsworld] Shane, Martin on trade rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Jan 27, 2011.

1. albuster

albuster Member

This. And, if many of the CF posters would have their way, the Rockets would be a flea market for traders. Almost every thread has at least one poster who is calling to trade this or that player. Can we just have a team already.

2. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Thanks for getting us back on track.

Shane's comments were insightful. He sees the big picture from a GM POV - refreshing, but not surprising, really. I mentioned the other day, as others are discussing here, of the possibility of Shane to a contender.

If that were to happen, I would root for him. I could also see Shane retuning to the organization afterward. Maybe not as a contract player next season, maybe so. But, I could see him having a relationship to the team somewhere in between Bagwell & Ryan. IDK, it'd be nice anyway.

When Shane stops playing ball we will not hear the last of him.

3. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

GTFO.... I know he looks to pick up fouls a lot but wanting him on the Jazz??? How can you call yourself a Rockets fan?

4. disguyman

disguyman Member

Trade everyone on this damn team except for Hayes and Lowry, trade the coaches too.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't understand. You recognize the obvious problem in Yao being out, but then you somehow jump to the assumption that losing is all kevin martins fault. It's just not rational thinking.

KM was NOT brought here to be our best player, what do you people not understand about this? He was brought here to do exactly what he is doing so well, score more efficiently than pretty much anyone. Yao being out changes everything we had planned. This season just proved what we already knew, Kevin Martin can't be your best player if you want to win consistently, whether he is able to play a big part we still haven't been able to see. If you want to get down to it, no one on our team has been given a fair shot at proving they can be part of a winning team when for the past 2 years the foundation of the team has been out.I can only preach patience people.

And can we please stop jumping from scapegoat to scapegoat as to why we are losing this season? I think there has literally been a thread blaming just about everyone this year. Our highest paid player is out again. Read that line again. Our highest paid player is out again. Look at the Cavs this year minus Lebron. Take away kobe, dwight, deron, paul, durant, rose, any of these guys and tell me they still have a legit chance of winning?

And where did you get $15 mill?
    Contract info:
    2009/10: $10,180,170
    2010/11: $11,100,005
    2011/12: $12,019,840
    2012/13: $12,929,675

I beg you to go check out other players who are similarly payed to him and even some payed more and tell me again how you can cry about his contract.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

do you like any of the players on this team?

8. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

We must keep Martin unless he nets us a superstar or equivalent scorer. I dont see anyone available besides Anthony.

Now if he does end up getting getting traded for whoever, I can see Brooks sliding into his spot with Lee backing him up. It would be a Lowry/Brooks backcourt with the new addition. (all star I hope)

9. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I was wondering the same thing earlier about him.

Does he even like the Houston Rockets?

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Shane has been on this team for so long it would be wierd seeing him elsewhere. Same goes for Hayes. He's still miles ahead better than 90% of this league defending wise although he's lost a step or two.

As for Martin he is indeed ineffective when the shots aren't falling. He's the perfect second "go to" guy on a contending team because if he happens to be in a slump, the scoring load carries over to the other player. Whats wrong with this current team is they have two second "go to" guys in Scola and Martin. They are both good, but not quite good enough to do it on a constant basis. If they are both slumping, which happens quite often, that's when the team gets into those scoring droughts.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

There, ...Shane's first line puts every argument we've had that been going on and on to rest.

We need an allstar to do anything in this league. all this **** razzle and dazzle about "hustle", "effort", "competitive spirit" is all bullsH1t". Tracy McGrady could lead this team to 7 games against the Mavs/Jazz with zero hustle and no support.

Time to get real and recognise the situation. Baron Davis really dun giv a s!~ht about the clippers before they got griffin onto the court...and now hes got Blake...baron is starting to ball again...

talent > effort

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Really? You didn't read the article? As Martin himself said:" ITS A BUSINESS. I've been on Sacramento for five and a half years and bam, I'm traded in 30 days."

Battier is gone by the trade deadline, pending the absence of a blowjob to Morey by then.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Actually, he wouldn't be on the Jazz. He is certainly NOT a Sloan type of player. He'd be cut immediately the day he got to the Jazz.

Martin is an all-star. Who do you like? Battier? Hayes?

14. Rockets_4_life

Your right, there was no need for me to curse, I was just a tad bit fustrated with the team and its lack of direction, and took it out on here and for that I apologize... :eek:

Sorry Guys..

However I do stand with what I said about Martin, the guy's style of play annoys the heck out of me..

Contrary to popular believe I do like some of our players ex; Patterson, Lee, Williams, Ish, Chuck, Hill, Bud, Lowry.. and I love the Houston Rockets I've been watching them since I was a kid!

Is just certain players I'm not to fond of...

I guess I'm not the only one that dislikes floppers, I understand where your coming from with Battier. Personally If we have to rebuild I want to keep one of either Battier or Hayes for veteran leadership(most likely hayes)

Agreed!

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...although it was painful to watch Shane miss so much last night, but he always hustles and plays D...just one of those nights...