1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Indiana's changing situation can solve our problems

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonhoya, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Indiana's in our boat. Pick up pieces to try to stay marginally competitive, or blow it all up? The easiest thing is to do nothing. Also, Indiana is who the Rockets will become at this pace--a three-point shooting no-defense team who can beat anyone if they're on fire and will usually lose most games as a result of that fact.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Would love Granger and I think Morey would target him if available but a nice consolation prize would be Paul George. I like his game and development, if the Rockets want to part with Martin or Scola, I THINK the Pacers would entertain the idea of trading their pick this season and George.

3. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

Indiana laughs and hangs up the phone.

4. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Scola and AB will have to be included..........could be why rockets are trying to go after Landry again.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As others have noted, your proposal still seems to Houston favored.

That said, I'd agree you are at least thinking outside the box somewhat, and moreover with a better proposal it might actually make some sense for the Pacers.

What is a better proposal? One the likely includes Martin or Scola. Which I'd go ahead and include, especially if it was Martin. Not that I don't like Kevin, but as efficient a scorer as he is, Granger is also solid offensively, and will play d.

ROCKETS GET
    Granger
    Hibbert
    Posey
    D. Jones

PACERS GET
    Aaron
    K-Mart
    Hill
    Jeffries
    Draft Picks

Help the Pacers save next year even more by taking back Jones, M-Mart makes similar salary to Granger, though slightly less with 1 less year left, give them back two real starters (even if 1, AB, might not start there) and another young big, and draft picks.

Rockets Lineup:
    Lowry/Ish/T-Will
    Granger/Lee/[Bud]
    Battier/Posey/[Bud]
    Scola/Patterson
    Hibbert/Hayes

That starting lineup now goes from defensive weakness to defense stud. Not sure if Granger/Battier either will work from a SG perspective, but you could start Lee at the position if not.

Definitely not as good offensively, but should still be able to score. Granger can score. Scola can still score. Hibbert has the ability in him.

It's still a clear cap move and rebuild for the Pacers...while at least getting some talent back. Probably still not their best move, but you never know.

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Granger is the best option available "superstar" for us.. hope DM can make a move before Yao's exception expires.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Why would Indiana deal with us? We have nothing they want and they have nothing apart from Granger we want. More likely trade partners are Philadelphia and New Jersey

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree 100%. Bigs are hard to come by and the rockets are still on the outside looking in.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

would you guys do this trade?

it was offered to me on realgm.com message boards:

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look man, if you were the rockets GM and Memphis came up to you and said we'll give you our 2nd round pick, Mike Conley, Thabeet, Laker's first round pick AND our 2013 first round pick for Scola and KM would you bite on that?

If they're gonna give up both Granger and Hibbert, discussions will start with our lottery pick next year, Battier,T-will, Hill, and one of our core pieces (Patterson, Scola, Kmart). We'll also have to take Posey's poison pill contract and give them those 3 picks you mentioned.

Still well thought out thread. I hope DM swings a similar trade soon.

11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

[ESPN insider] Granger is Available

Seems like Granger is available.

What is Indiana looking for? Ideally it'd get a power forward and a 2-guard who can create his own shot off the dribble. It would take a pretty big package for Indiana to let go of Granger, but it sounds like, for the first time, he's no longer untouchable. ESPN.com

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insi...ry?columnist=ford_chad&page=TradeWatch-110126

We have both of what they are loooking for.

SG - KMart/AB
    PF - J.Hill/Jared Jeffries/PatPat/ Scola/

If we can get Hibbert too.. That would be awesome..

1 person likes this.
  12. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

yes please!

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Granger and Hibbert would be a nice haul, I agree.

But IMO, these sort of news items that don't directly mention the Rockets or anyone associated with the Rockets don't need to be their own thread in the GARM.

If its about trade speculation or ideas, then it can go in this thread or another existing thread:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=190437&page=120&pp=20&highlight=Random

Maybe Clutch can make the Random 2010-2011 Trade Thread a sticky? The trade deadline is approaching, and the GARM will soon be flooded with trade ideas if official trade threads aren't more visible.

14. thejav

thejav Member

Give them Yao AB hill and a pick...get granger and hibbert...

15. YaosDirtyStache

16. mazinger

mazinger Member

This

Get on it Morey.

[​IMG]

17. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

you are right, i should have posted this in the random trades thread.
    Clutch can you move this there.

Thanks!

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You know, I sort of regretted having posted that as soon as I hit submit. Didn't mean for it to sound harsh, if that's how it came across. Its an intriguing target for a trade. No explicit mention of Rockets interest, but I could see us actively talking with them (especially if Hibbert can be included). Good find.

19. thejav

thejav Member

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Scola for Granger.