1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROX mentioned as a possibility...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidkconover, Jan 19, 2011.

1. joesr

joesr Member

Um no. so very far off in fact. We would get a 2nd rounder and huge TE. Did Cleveland or Raptors get so many good players? The fact is Melo is going to NYK with or without a trade.

LOL Fail.

2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

For some reason I just not sure I agree that much money is the most important thing for Melo. He will definitely get a lot of money, but I think being a Knick is the most important thing for him.

3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK CARMELO IS THE ANSWER?

Carmelo Anthony is easily the hottest name under the sun right now as far as trades go. But we need to realize that our major concern right now IS NOT NEEDING ANOTHER SCORER!!! We need a legitimate big man. If this "proposed" trade brings in Nene` and Carmelo then I'm all for it. But if it involves us giving up all of our tradeable assets for a half a year rental then IT IS NOT WORTH IT! If Carmelo is going to protect the rim against Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Millsap, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnet, Chris Bosh, and a host of other players then yeah let's do it. But if not, then he alone IS NOT THE ANSWER!

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Umm those teams had lots of cap space so they didn't have to give up much to make the money side of the deal work. With NY, they have to give up more players to match melos contract coming in.

5. Sanity2disChaos

or BOTH.... :eek:

6. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

An $18 million TPE could get us two pretty good veteran players. Add that to a pretty good group of players that we'd not have traded to Denver. We can live with it.

7. IceMan

IceMan Member

If melo ever does get traded to the Rockets, get ready for 30,000 knee jerk reactions in all sorts of directions.

I'm personally sick and tired of reading about Melo. He simply isn't worth the time. I don't like him as a person and he's a borderline star.

The NBA is obviously purposely milking this for every penny that it's worth, it's what they do. "The Decision" was a perfect example of how far off track the NBA now is.

1 person likes this.
  8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Who the **** said that?

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

-He won't put THIS team over the top (not even close)
    -He isn't going to resign here
    -I'm tired of the Melodrama

I was on board with trying to sign him earlier in the season but with the way Martin has continued to prove that he is an elite scorer in this league and with the defense looking so awful this is just a bad idea. I wouldn't be surprised if a Carmelo-lead Rockets team missed the playoffs and I would be shocked if they made the playoffs and got out of the second round.

This team is two very good players (and one absolutely has to be a center)away from contending. It isn't one superstar (which Melo certainly is) away unless his name is Dwight Howard.

10. Mashing

Mashing Member

We also need a closer and Melo fits that billing.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You need to be able to stop people before having a closer makes any difference. Don't believe me? See the Los Angeles Lakers in the post-Shaq years before they grabbed some guys with size for around the rim.

Prime Kobe Bryant couldn't make this team a contender but a prime Mutombo could. It's all about filling a need and not just acquiring the most talented guys (look how that is working out for us).

12. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

Exactly.

13. seeingred

seeingred Member

carmelo for a rental at the deadline won't work because adelman won't play him until late-march. then he'll have to wait for shane or chase to get cold for minutes...

heh.

14. Rockets_4_life

At the end of the day the Rockets aren't getting Melo, the only thing this is going to cause is chemistry issue's in Rockets locker room. With player's being worried if they are the one's that are going to be traded in a Melo deal...

I wish Denver would just trade his ass to the Knicks, to end this ****ing speculation already!!! :mad:

15. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

brooks/lowry = Billups/lawson
    martin/lee > smith/aaflalo
    anthony/battier > Anthony/Balkman
    scola/patterson = Martin/Harrington
    hayes/miller < Nene/Andersen

Bam. we are better with melo than the current nuggets team.