1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 104, Knicks 89

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2011.

1. VBG

VBG Member

Wait did you watch the Jazz game and the Celtics game.

With Brooks we closed and won.

Without Brooks we lost

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

After another mediocre showing, you are now mistaken, it's 6.6 to 7.1.

3. mazinger

mazinger Member

No, we won with great defense in the last minutes not because Brooks. We stopped Boston and Scola was no where near Millsap when he was hitting his jumpers time after time.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly...you nailed it.

DD

5. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I hope after we re-sign Chuck, he starts getting the credit he deserves around the league!

[​IMG]

Pugs

6. HayesDPOY

HayesDPOY Member

Look at my ID!

7. choujie

choujie Member

You know nothing about basketball if you think Rockets lost to Utah because of AB. We missed Hayes a lot more than him. The only guy who could stop Milsap in that game was Hayes.

8. ezzie

ezzie Member

i lol'd, rep to you sir

the Ch'uck rules!

9. alethios

alethios Member

The team D deserves some kudos in this game.

Watching the 4th qtr, I noticed something different about the interior defense (and the perimeter d for that matter) - the rotations and movement were quick and decisive. It seemed like the Rockets owned the paint in the 4th qtr. Anytime there was a low post move by amare or others, the Rockets rotated quickly to cut the opponent off, plus the weakside help was there as well to take the cutter out.

And don't get me started on how well they were stripping the ball or blocking shots. Someone slipped them the defense koolaid - I hope they keep drinking it.

I know that CH had a big part in that, but he seemed to inspire the others around him to tighten up their D as well.

10. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

It's kind of funny to me, because the two games the rockets won against above 500 teams Brooks played down the stretch.

11. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

All I know is when I checked the other day - couldn't remember if it was before or after the Bucks game - it was 6.9 to 7.1, maybe 7.2. Regardless, the difference was miniscule.

This, while Brooks has been playing at obviously less than 100% and working the rust off.

Not saying he's a BETTER "playmaker" or assist man than Kyle, but it's MUCH closer than Lowry Lovers claim it to be.

Kyle does an excellent job in transition of finding the open shooter.

AB is effective in the half court sets - especially the pick and pop plays. He gets Brad Miller and Scola excellent shots due to the defenders having to play him more honestly (for the drive or pull up J).

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

It seemed like everybody played great defense last night, but I'm share part of that is because Chuck shut down a major point of the offense. Without Amar'e, the knicks are reduced to a bunch of jump shooters.

13. mazinger

mazinger Member

So the other 4 players don't count? It was all Brooks? You have to be ****ing kidding me. Martin scored 46 points yet its his fault we lost? Brooks scores 24 points , which is Martin's average, yet we won because of him? wow.......just wow.....Gettin key stops don't count? Millsap and Aldrige scorching Scola have nothing to due with the loss?