1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DD's Rocket talk - The decision 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 13, 2011.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's utter nonsense. Sean Williams is a better defensive center than Chuck Hayes? Bollocks. He may be more athletic and a better shot blocker, but he's not even close to being as good as Chuck defensively.

What I'll give you is that Williams is more of a presence at the rim than Chuck is, but Chuck's entire game is based upon keeping people from getting close to the rim to begin with. Williams would be a good pickup if we make a lopsided trade, numbers-wise, and need someone to fill out the roster. Otherwise, let him stay in the D-League and block 5 or 6 shots a game tossed up by crappy players.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

T5,

I was talking about when Chuck was out.....clearly he is not as good as Chuck overall on D....yes at the rim but not on D overall.

And while Chuck starts at C, I consider him a PF.

Thanks for the correction.

DD

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ah. Well, that's different! ;)

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

4. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

still didn't read or even watch

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. DaDakota

Again, I appreciate the honest discourse, thanks to everyone for their comments good or bad....they are appreciated.

DD

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Shut your ass up already. If you didnt read then GTFO!

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Great stuff, DD, thanks for your hard work in making this. I don't think there is anything I could talk intelligently about for 14 minutes straight. I like hearing Rockets' talk, you hear so little on our local radio stations, its all Kubiak/Wade Phillips/Bob McNair all the time.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Man that **** is dope. You need to get a frickin ewok that raps to be your musical guest.

9. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

lol don't get your "rockets panties on fire", we all bleed red too, but dd is just a turd, i doubt any red comes out of that

10. mrjuandiego1988

93 posts and already calling dd a turd! lol dont jump on the bandwagon with dd haters. hes one the most passionate rockets fan here! :)

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Good view DD! Looking younger then ever, I agree with most of your statements.

We need a big trade!

(Rep me please) ;)

12. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

lol lets just say i have been banned way too many times, and have used so many monikers over the years, that i can ......................................................

13. HTownRockets#34

lol, i find myself not always agreeing with DD's posts, but i saw the whole video, and I have to admit that I pretty much agreed with everything he said there.

nice video, I'll def watch the next one! the overall point of the video - "pick a direction" was spot on.

14. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

good video... although I haven't been able to watch as much as I'd like to, I agreed with most everything you said. The more I look around on this site, the more it seems likely we're not going to acquire anything in a trade that will even put us in the stratosphere of competing for a title (through a trade). Having said that, I trust Morey... I'm sure he'll work diligently to improve the roster in anyway possible... but it seems like everyone accepts that the Yao era is over... so that being the case, we need a serious talent infusion. And getting Anthony from Denver would be nice, but if there is nothing else to help, what is the point? I've gotten so disenchanted waiting around for players to get healthy, at this point I would almost rather us acquire the best draft picks available and then get as close to #1 as possible. Even if the trade is a bit lopsided... We have to take a chance on some serious talent. It's been a tough couple years, but Go Rockets!!!
    GO ROCKETS !

DD[/QUOTE]

15. allforone

allforone Member

DD, always admired your work
    I know it's probably TOO much to ask, but.....is it possible to upload the video to some other sites besides Youtube(a chinese rox fan and youtube's FOREVER banned here), or is there any download links.
    thank you, appreciate it

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good vid DD. All good points. Personally Im all about getting the highest draft pick possible this season, but I don't see Adelman letting that happen. Agree about playing the youngsters after the deadline if the rockets aren't in contention for the playoffs and also Chase definetly needs to crowd his man more on the defensive side of the ball like you say.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need a center, and that's the toughest position to fill. Not sure how we can get one. I'd say trade Scola for Bynum but that's way too risky considering his injury history.

I am trying to think of a team that would want Scola or Martin and have something valueable to return. It's tough, as only contenders would consider them I think.

I think we'll have to move Brooks and again, not sure what we can get. Probably have to move Brooks and contracts to lure away a high draft pick. You look at the worst teams, and which ones are laden with big contracts?

18. DaDakota

Sure, can you do vimeo? What sites work for China? I never considered that...but it is easy to post it in multiple sites....

DD

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

because dd has haters......

20. allforone

allforone Member

sorry,dd, tried vimeo,break,and many sites that i know of....all banned.
    guess watching the chip online would be a luxury, thanks anyway. :(

go rox