1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] TRON 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep

The Grapevine says, Disney is about to Green Light a TRON LEGACY sequel...

Published on: Jan 13, 2011 12:54:00 CST

Hey folks, Harry here...

And this was the happy word I received today on the Grapevine of Industry Insiders. TRON LEGACY, a film that many people loved, and a lot of people wanted more from, and that a very vocal minority incessantly b**** about... is getting close, incredibly close to having its SEQUEL announced!

As TRON LEGACY is set to cross $300 million worldwide, the film has proved, beyond a doubt that there is an audience that buys this science fiction fantasy. And as DAFT PUNK's blisteringly awesome TRON LEGACY score continues to power the geek work force of the nation to plow through mindnumbing task after task... Disney is beginning to realize, TRON could be a franchise.

As kids around the country pulled out wall crawling light trail leaving Tron LIGHT CYCLES from under their Christmas trees, Disney has been counting the receipts - and I'm told... it's about to hit the tipping point.

Now the real question is... Where does TRON go from here? There is a plan, but it is being closely guarded. There's a TV show in the works to keep the brand popping till the next Theatrical run, but it looks like us TRON geeks won't be having to sit around for 28 years hanging onto this last one, like we did the first one.

I just want glowing TRON shoes in Adult sizes. Yeah, I'm crazy that way. I have had the old Adidas TRON shoes long before TRON LEGACY was announced as happening, and my Hallmark TRON ornament desperately wants a glowy RECOGNIZER ornament next year!

So... if you've been stalling revisiting the game grid again, after watching THE GREEN HORNET this weekend, take another trip.​

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I like it. maybe Deadmau5 can score this one.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think in this one they should show about 5-10 minutes of action sequence and sit around and talk about geeky metaphorical universes in the rest of the film.

OH. WAIT.

(yes, i'm trolling Tron.)

#3 MadMax, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  4. VanityHalfBlack

Just get rid of all the dudes and just have Olivia Wilde battling cyber chicks in the tron world or whatever.. Nothing but chicks and awesome lesbian sex scenes in IMAX 3D!!!!

5. Nero

Nero Member

I am one of the ones who thought it was dreadful. Not the acting, not the directing, not the world, not the 'universe' they created. Plain and simple, the writing was worse than bad.

Iso's? The most important concept they came up with, and you see 'them' for a grand total of maybe 10 seconds, and never understand at all why they are supposed to be so important? All except Olivia of course, but how she was 'different', who knows? Except that she was unusually perky and friendly? She wasn't even a badass like Leelu.

I am all for taking good advantage of this world, this universe, it COULD end up being something as cool and signifigant as something like Matrix, but Good God get a good writer this time!

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The most thoughtful review of this movie that I read...and I think it hits on what your issue is, too:

"even more enmeshed than its predecessor with questions of human-computer interaction and philosophical conundrums...but these questions become so dense and filled with shorthand mumbo-jumbo that they cease to capture the imagination by the third reel."

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Totally agree with you, was looking forward to it but was a chore to sit through, the wife fell asleep on countless occassions....

8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I was fine with it. Visually it was impressive, and I thought the action pieces (particularly the early ones) were very well done. I had no problem with the pacing of the action. The ISOs thing doesn't bother me, and there are definitely issues with the script, but overall I felt entertained when it was over.

Also, Daft Punk's score kicked ass.

Bring on the sequel.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You want "Pron Legacy". Check your pron stations. ;)

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i agree that the isos story needed a bit more explanation. I get that they were spawned on their own without users. I tend to think that they were something like an AI type thing. Maybe touching on the idea that a advanced computer system left on it's own will have spontaneously create a kind of AI...but that's just my guess/

either way, it could/should have been explained more. But let's be realistic...it's tron and the entire premise to begin with is silly.

Still, the movie was entertaining and i'd see another one.

11. penda45

penda45 Member

I guess its safe to say you didn't get a nerdgasm while watching the movie...

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

It's not like he needs anymore pull with 15 year old rave girls.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think the biggest thing for me is that if there is a sequel, I want to see more of the grid. I was a little underwhelmed but how little of it we saw.

And bring back Cillian Murphy to be the villain!

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Since ole boy BLEED inside the machine . . .Will ole girl break into chunkie peices outside of the computer?

Rocket River

15. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Tron Legacy was a total disaster with terrible writing, directing with no creativity behind it. I can't believe they totally they blew it since there are so much to can do with this kind of genre and theme.

Hopefully they start from scratch with someone who understand the concept of what a cyberpunk movie should be like by learning from the Matrix, Inception, Ghost in The Shell and a few others that I can't recall at the moment.

16. Nero

Nero Member

Speaking of cyberpunk, I would love to see someone attempt to make Snow Crash into a movie..

17. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

Until studio green lights it, it's just fan talk.

I'm still wondering why Jeff Bridges agreed to do this tron. It's not a movie worth watching more than once because some of the writing is terrible at times. I.e. when Quorra is telling Sam how she ended up with his Dad.
    The cgi they did was amazing though.

I think a sequel has potential to add in a lot more depth to the iso storyline but unless the dialogue improves it's going to be dull and corny as heck.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Harry Knowles is as in the loop as it gets.

Jeff Bridges isn't a snooty actor by any means. He's doing Hyundai voice-overs.

I'd prefer Diamond Age if they did any Stephenson book.

19. raj87

raj87 Member

Easily the worst single sentence I have ever read.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I guessed I might check out Snow Crash. Haven't read a science fiction novels in years.

I've lost touch with the sci-fi genre so if anyone who knows an outstanding cyberpunk novels fill free to add.

There are so many good novels out there to make into good movies but sadly hollywood and their producers are a bunch or morons.