1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DD's Rocket talk - The decision 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 13, 2011.

1. davestrate

davestrate Member

Thanks for taking the time to state the obvious, but dont get me wrong: I really appreciated your video. Gosh I'm totally ready to know what that direction is because I've stopped watching the Rockets play as of late. The offense is so predictable that makes it boring to say the least. I love high scoring games but to know that Kevin is going to get the ball almost every single posession takes the fun out of watching a full game. I want to see the young guys play, and believe the real assets are Scola, Martin, Miller etc as you mentioned. Thanks for the input and keep em coming. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. delta69er

delta69er Member

reverse psychology eh?

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Watching the vid now.

I don't need to watch all of this to comment or rate because I go into these with so much appreciation for your time and effort the any disagreement falls to the way side.

But I will say this, we do have way too many good players. Something needs to happen...

(edit) oh, forgot, CYA! (makes me laugh everytime)

plus, no reps for me. don't want people to think I'm on your nuts.

#23 RocketRaccoon, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  4. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

grow up please.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Where is this video? Link?

6. anchel

anchel Member

Good talk DD, good points.

1 person likes this.
  7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

A couple things are debatable.

one thing is agreed on by everyone. we have too many good players. trading those veterans and their expiring contracts for young good players doesn't help much unless you can get a mega player. i would rather keep them and get the cap space.

i don't like the way our defense performs. it seems to me they are shifting their focus from a fundamental defense (making other team a jump shooting team) to an opportunistic defense (stealing, blocking ...). only two ppl left on the roster know the fundamental defense. they are chuck and battier. we need to keep them to teach our young players of fundamental defense.

1 person likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, but you don't get dollar for dollar sometimes when they come off the books...if you are over the cap, which we are....so letting them expire would not net us an equal amount of cap room.

Bima can explain this way better than I.

You know, Chuck inspires others to do better on defense, I think sometimes the players just lose their focus on the task at hand......and they need someone to snap them back, much like a dunk does on offense a good block can inspire more effort on defense.

We need a big guy at the rim, has Deke healed up yet?

;)

DD

9. pge71188

pge71188 Member

DD good points all around.

PS: Has anyone ever mentioned you look like the guy from jackass 3d?

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Great great analysis.

I agree with everyone of your points.

I noticed that you see there is a divide in the team of who should be kept and who should be traded if we were to trade for a "superstar"

You made a good point when using the example of trading Scola and Martin for CP3. Could definitely trick the fans. I never thought about it that way.

Morey is stuck and you are right when you say if were are going to make a playoff push go with Jeffries at C. If we want to rebuild go with Hill.

Overall, we are only 2.5 games out of the 8th playoff spot. It is too early to think about tanking. If we are 8-10 games out of the 8th spot the week before the trade deadline I think we all know what direction the franchise is headed.

The only two players I would seriously keep are Patterson and TWill. Maybe not even Patterson.

We'll see what happens soon.

1 person likes this.
  11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

Know exactly what you mean.
    piling up good players won't bring us a mega player as we learnt in the past. with yao, jefferi, and battier expiring contacts, we may be able to get a lot under the cap. i didn't do the search on how much we will really save under the cap. sorry about my laziness.

a gorgeous block or dunk will have very short-term effect on how team plays. to be able to maintain high level intensity on defense, our coach staffs really need to teach them.

12. Prince

Prince Member

I like the see yah part :)..

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Anyone?

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

ahh. For some reason, the link doesnt show up in Firefox, but does in IE. You guys must have thought me an idiot for asking.

15. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I use Firefox and it works fine for me.

16. Prince

Prince Member

why would sombody rate this with one star???? :confused:

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

There was another guy worth looking at too that was drafted by Orlando and they shipped him to the D-League. Was his name Stanley Robinson? 2 guys there i think are worth looking at imo. And i think Whiteside is a steal he's just caught in a numbers game in Sacramento.

18. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

Always enjoy the videos, thank you!

1 person likes this.
  19. srupselur21

srupselur21 Rookie

Agreed with what you said at 00.35 , 1:14, 1:55, 2:44, 3:00, 3:22, 5:05, 7:11, 9:44, 10:33, 11:11, 13:01

I did not agree with what you said at 00:03, 1:18, 2:59, 5:10, 6:06, 7:22, 8:00, 8:15, 9:03, 10:10, 11:50, 12:12, 13:07 & 14:00

Interesting stuff.

20. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

:grin: yeahs