1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe I'm looking too much into these past T. Williams reports...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jan 12, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

Or constantly working your a** off to get better...

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Let's hope his bite is bigger than his bark. If so, I'm not complaining.

3. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Who cares what the guy is saying? I think it would be safe to say that the guy is busting his butt in practice in an attempt to get playing time. The work is being put in. That probably explains the tweet about being patient. He will get his minutes and hopefully he can deliver, but that is something he is responsible for. Outside of production, I could care less about tweets that are always assumed to be about the situation you think its about.

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

And not sure why I quoted you Reddead :p

5. IceMan

IceMan Member

NBA draftees have way too much "bling" before they have ever done a "thing". This absolutely distracts from their potential.

Interesting how the top 10 of the NHL draft is much more predictable even considering the NHL draft is drafting nothing but 17 and 18 year olds.

Character is character, and you cannot mistake that.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know. I tend to think that if you are an accomplished player, it's fine to be a bit cocky. But if you are a young player who hasn't played much in real games, you'd better shut up and try to learn.

Look at Patterson. He played in the D-league. He quietly learned the ropes in practice. And when he got the chance to play big minutes, BAM, he showed you what he could do and earned a rotation spot.

7. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Seems many of you harping about this guy's confidence are the same people praising a particular athlete with 'Chosen One' tattooed on his back...

8. dream_34

dream_34 Contributing Member

I personally have seen quite a few.....guy named Hakeem Olajuwon, and another one named Yao Ming, even Kevin Martin to a certain extent (aren't too many guys who average 24ppg while maintaining such a low profile).

I personally just prefer players who walk the walk rather than just talking from the end of the bench. And if T. Will was 1/8th the transcendent talent he seems to think he is, then a rebuilding young team like the Nets definitely would not have given up on him so soon.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Eh, honestly all of the rookies have egos the size of mountains. Even "humble" guys like Kevin Durant or Dwight Howard think a lot of themselves, its hard not to when you're young and you've dominated basketball games time and time again. Its totally normal to think that you're pretty good and all you need is an opportunity, in fact it would be a major problem if he didn't think he was good enough to contribute to the team.

He's not stupid, why will he keep saying he's not getting PT because he sucks when anyone can see its because we are too crowded at the wing position? Stuff like "Oh I need to work hard etc." all those are just PR fluff, anybody can say that. What's more important is what he does instead of what he says in the camera, and honestly we have no way of knowing whether he's putting in the work or not until RA puts him in. From the limited mins I've seen I haven't been disappointed so far.

Also T-will is only human. Its totally reasonable for him to be frustrated at being benched, I'm pretty sure riding the pine isn't what he expected when he got traded to us.