1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you accept homosexuals?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RedRedemption, Jan 8, 2011.

Tags:
?

Answer the question I proposed in the original post.

1. Yes, I accept them at the moment.

80 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. I'm not sure how I feel about them at the moment.

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. No, I do not accept them at the moment.

10 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Yes, I am fine with the increasing normalization of homosexuality.

116 vote(s)
    65.2%
  5. I'm not sure how I feel about the increasing normalization of homosexuality.

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. No, I am no fine with the increasing normalization of homosexuality.

21 vote(s)
    11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Who cares what other people do in the privacy of their own home?

Oh yeah Republicans.... ;)

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

To follow up on this. How would your attitudes change (or not change) if your own son or daughter was homosexual?

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I think on a vast majority level, people are homosexual by birth, so it is not fair to say no you can't love like that.

If they aren't doing anything that would affect you, why should it matter to you, that's how I feel.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

No it would not, I'd rather them be straight because I think their life would be easier, but if they aren't the next best thing is for them to be open with me and happy with themselves.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

6. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Good question RR and I never really thought about it.

I have to admit when I see two gay dudes it does look pretty nasty to me same goes for woman when one of them looks like a guy, but this is a free country so if they want to be open with it hey so be it.

I dont see a problem when a woman likes another woman or man on man thats their choice. We all make our own choices so let them make theirs. I know some people like to bring up the bible and say its a sin, but hell almost everything we do these days is a sin.

7. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I think they are born gay, and they don't realize their sexual feelings till they reach puberty just like every straight person.

The reason for vast majority is I think there are exceptions who want to experiment.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect to the OP (sincerely), I find even asking the questions offensive.

1 person likes this.
  9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I don't know what you mean by "accept".

I find homosexual behavior very repulsive. I'm turned off by effeminate men or excessively masculine women. When I see a man kissing another man, even as a joke on comedy TV, it disgusts me. I don't approve of the lifestyle. That's just the way it is. That said, I would never discriminate against a homosexual or treat them like a second-class citizen. I would make sure to treat them the same way I treat any other person, even though it takes a conscious effort on my part to do that. I think they should not be discriminated against when it comes to jobs, benefits, etc. I am against homosexual marriage though, because it is contrary to my Christian beliefs.

I know most homosexuals feel naturally driven to do what they do, and in the same way I am naturally repulsed by homosexual behavior. Just like a gay man cannot prevent himself from being attracted to other men, I cannot prevent myself from being disgusted by homosexuality. But I can still choose to love them and treat them fairly in spite of my inclinations.

1 person likes this.
  10. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Would you deny them the governmental benefits that come with a marriage or civil union? How would you as a conservative christian feel about the government (not the church) recognizing their union?

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hot girl on Hot girl... yes
    Hot girl on butch girl... meh
    Ugly girl on on ugly girl... no
    guy on guy... NO!!!

Generally speaking, as long as I don't have to see it, I won't complain...

12. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

nooooooooooo :grin: <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/euXQbZDwV0w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/euXQbZDwV0w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If someone started a thread substituting "Black Americans" for "Homosexuals," and asked the same questions, the response, in my opinion, would be vastly different. Yet the discrimination exists for both. The difference is that, in many ways, Black Americans have far more rights today. It is absurd. Americans should have equal rights... Black, Latino, Woman, Gay, what possible difference does it make? As I said before, even asking these questions is offensive. It implies something that shouldn't exist. Discrimination based on sexual orientation, or more to the point, discrimination because someone is different. Different from you.

Nothing about this is funny.

2 people like this.
  14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Of course. Homosexuality is a completely natural thing. I believe they should have equal rights as everyone else, and shouldn't be discriminated like they are today. My brother has a friend who is a homosexual, yet he is a devout Christian. Is all his worship in God's name in vain? Will he still go to Hell for being who he is?

I openly support gay marriage rights, and gay couples should have the same rights as same-sex couples. I hope it does become normalized, so people won't cringe when they see two members of the same sex kiss, or have force themselves to act respectfully towards an openly homosexual person.

1 person likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a pity that smeone would have to ask this question. Of course I accept them.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

We already accepted homosexuals and "normalized" it. It was called THE EIGHTIES

(Which I affectionately call The Gayties). They never announced their orientation to the world but all the fashions, styles, and the stars were extra fruity. But we didnt care, as long as everyone was making money and having fun, as it should be.

What I can't stand is all the assault on MASCULINE HETEROSEXUALITY going on out there. Everyone keeps hopping on the "Anti-Patriarchy" bandwagon, as its the 2nd most cause for the world's ills next to religion. Its like in order to boost up something, another has to go down.

I dont CARE what 2 people do on their own time in their own lives. I'm for gay marriage, gay friends, gay coworkers, whatever. I'm for fairness but I think we have a little too much militant advocating out there, where anyone with a grievance can make themselves victims slighted by society and opening start launching tirades against "oppressors". The over-advocators turn me off more than the people they're trying to help.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am not even going to bother with discussing the ridiculousness and insult of the comparison with black people . . . :mad: :rolleyes:

Rocket River
    What*****ever'

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Right. What*****ever, RR. Insert "roll-eyes" wherever it turns you on.

19. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

You're against the idea that all americans should have equal rights? I don't quite understand...

20. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I accept all homosexuals to become teachers and teach your children how awesome gay sex is and that life was created by aliens from Zebor who wanted all earthlings to have gay sex. But humans were corrupted by a rival faction of aliens who live in floating ice hexagons in the middle of the sun. Their evil lies led humanity to believe that we are not all gay and, thus, we cannot reach our full potential. You see, reproduction is a tool to manipulate the weak - it keeps us grounded to the tangible real world and by nature makes us accept mortality.

The higher plane is reached through the transcendence of the physical realm through a "leap of faith" that all people must make to move past continuing bloodlines and to realize that we should be with our true loves and then we can live for eternity in a greater consciousness within the cosmos.

That is my dream. Where one day man and man or woman and woman can live together in eternity to their utmost potential.