1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officiating this year has been bad, but one Ref takes the cake...guess who?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tonybrooksadj, Jan 5, 2011.

1. seeingred

seeingred Member

need to to a bit of venting myself. i have a hard time watching the type of game the nba has devolved into. it's as if they are trying to turn american basketball into a non-contact sport. i am sure getting rid of hand-checking had a lot to do with it along with the overall mindset that any significant contact requires a whistle. i guess this is part of david stern's attempt to create a superstar driven league - if people are able to body up on these "superstars" and hold them to jumpshots, people will stop buying jerseys ?

and not to say i don't fully understand that the rockets play for the whistles. this small, relatively unathletic team can win the first three quarters against anyone in the league partially due to drawing fouls/shooting ft's. we all know the problem is the refs completely change the rules of the game for the 4th quarter. what sport does that ? how can you expect logical fans to sit through that ? imagine if they just stopped calling holding during the 4th quarter in football.

this game is a mess. i watched the FIBA games last summer and it was a breath of fresh air. a more physical, more honest game. sure the euro players flop when they get here - but they didn't learn that in FIBA and it's not rewarded there. it's a loophole they've found in our rules that they exploit.

i love the sport but watching these refs muddle through a game - watching the players and coaches execute entire gameplans aimed at getting foul calls - is like getting a f***ing root canal.

there. feel better already. thanks.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Rockets are better than Portland, but I knew the Rockets would lose to them even without Roy.

3. SunsRocketsfan

Crawford, Bavetta, Violet Palmer are all horrible refs that need to go.

4. aicedo

aicedo Member

Last night Jordan Hill was fouled twice at the end of the game with no call because he is Jordan Hill a Houston Rocket. It seems that all the good teams get those kinds of calls except for the Rockets but what can you do.

5. returningfan

returningfan Member

Agree. I think Hill and Miller were fouled with no calls.

Begging here - can anyone post vids of those plays?

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

tim donohgy said that joey crawford was a undercover spurs fan in his book. so thats enough explaination right there.

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Joey crawford sucks

9. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

You guys complain about the refs a whole lot, but seem to forget that one of our players gets to the line 2nd most in the league, when half of those fouls are BS.

10. str8tup

str8tup Member

He traveled too.

11. tonybrooksadj

tonybrooksadj Member

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I don't necessarily agree with that either. I don't like that BS body-contorting crap he uses to bait a call. I just want a relevant team in a league with consistent, quality officiating.