1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Kevin Martin Sabotage Last Night's Game vs Nuggets ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by httx713, Jan 4, 2011.

1. BigRed786

BigRed786 New Member

TRADE KMART!!!!! hes not clutch, he sucks against good teams, BRING IGOUDALAAA, or better, TMACC!!!

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Good one, I needed a laugh.

Funny how we can usually predict when Kevin will have bad games.....Against good teams.

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

19 points on 41% from the field against good teams.
    Like I said, Kevin is an elite shooter but you can't pretend he is going to carry this franchise out of mediocrity.

4. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Maybe the OP has It all wrong...

Maybe they wanted to showcase him as a "one dimensional...if his shot isn't falling, he's useless w/ a pretty high contract" type player so he WONT be demanded in a potential Melo deal.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Why this thread have 2 stars?? this thread should get 0 stars (if that could be possible)

and to the OP how do you know Martin is in a trade? why not Aaron Brooks, and he played bad too.

6. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why the **** are you replying to yourself? :confused:

And btw your god Melo is shooting only 43% for the season...AND that's against both crap and good teams. I guess Melo is even worse at carrying franchises out of mediocrity. Hell he can't even do it in Denver and Denver's a much better team.

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I am replying to myself because I can't edit posts, too complicated for you to understand?

My god Melo? I don't care for Melo, I just find it hilarious that people think Martin is on his level and that we are only one piece away from being contenders, that is laughable.

I also find it hilarious that people bring up Melo's playoffs records when a guy like Martin can't even lead a team to the playoffs to begin with.

So Martin is better than Melo at torching bad teams, big whoop.

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Oh and just FYI, Melo is averaging 26.8 points on 48.4% against good teams (that does not include us).

There we have it folks, Kevin's ability to feast on crap teams far exceeds Melo's!

10. brando

brando Member

That crossed my mind for about two milliseconds, but disappeared after that.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I like how I see a post that AB is purposely playing bad now that Kmart is. I forgot that all the players in the NBA like to try and ruin there value... It's a good thing people are reminding me.

12. Rockets_4_life

OP I don't think he did, I think he just genuinely sucked..

Overall I never really liked his game, he relies to much on the refs to call fouls for him to be affective. His one of the players I would love to trade for young high upside talent...

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

More important is how he bounces back from a terrible game.

I still think he's slowed down by his banged up knee. The thing though is RA should spot his bad game and utilize our depth. He has Lee and Williams behind him--play them, PLEASE, before we dig ourselves in a deep hole again.

14. KPG

KPG Member

Even if he did sabotage the game against Denver It wouldnt matter. No team when looking at a possible trade would use 1 game as a deciding factor. He had a off night but his 3pt% and FT% as well as ability to get to the line are all you can ask for out of a SG. His body of work speaks for itself, kid can play even if he does cherry pick a bit and is a liability on D.

15. Hball

Hball Member

My exact thoughts, I don't think he played well in the first meeting either.

16. RX2012

RX2012 Member

that idea is absolutely foolish.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Alot of things just always happening in these situations it seems? ;) Weird aint it the NBA these days?

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Given Martin's reliance on the foul line to get his points, comparing a stat like points per shot would probably make more sense.

And, it makes all the sense in the world he won't perform as well against good teams. Good teams will send him to the line less often; they play better defense and enjoy a bias from the refs. He lives and dies on free throws.

Finally, as a reminder to the general populace, Kevin Martin isn't a superstar. He's just an efficient scorer. It seems to me that people complaining about him disappearing are wanting him to be something he is not.

19. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

And, Melo has NEVER had a bad shooting night!

Well... there was that 4 of 20 for 13 points in 30 minutes against Memphis.

Or that 6 of 22 for 16 points in 30 minutes against the mighty Kings.

Or that 5 of 15 for 35 minutes in Portland before fouling out...

And... well, Melo never has a bad night, people. Never. He's magical.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well the big problem is the people that said what you just said are called haters or people that don't appreciate Kevin Martin.

Some people on this board think we are disrespecting Martin by not calling him a superstar.