1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you Snitch?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jan 1, 2011.

?

Do You Snitch?

1. Yep!

27 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Nope!

27 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. It ain't my business

43 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. Landlord Landry

'Im not defending the guy...just let him look at his kiddy p*rn and mind your own'

laughed out loud.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'm defending the idea he has his own privacy to look at what he wants. I have kids of my own. I think what he is doing is absolutely discusting. Do you think he deserves to live in a cell for the next 3 or 5 years for looking at that? Why doesn't the government focus on shutting down all these websites? It baffles me that they have the power to kill these websites yet they don't. If you think I'm defending him and that what he is doing is fine then you are horribly wrong.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I told hotel management and hotel security. I think you would have been compelled to at least do something if you were witness to this. You really wouldn't have done anything? And doesn't his right to privacy end when he's using the hotel computers in a public lobby? I didn't break into his home to catch him looking at child p*rn...it was the business center, an open area (no walls...just computers and desks and an ethernet connection for laptops) adjacent to the registration desk.

4. Landlord Landry

at least 5 years.

5. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Exactly. No way I am going to protect someones freedom who is looking at freaking child p*rn...

I can't believe tmacfor35 actually is making a case for this...

6. Apps

Apps Member

This right here is key, and I think Kim put it really well. This is not an issue of "ruining" the guy's life, this is an issue of the man breaking the law in plain sight, and breaking the law in front of Kim. To say that one doesn't deserve to be punished for breaking the law in plain sight is absolutely absurd, regardless of what that law is.

I live in California and have had the cops called on me for something... herbal... that I did in public. Yeah, I was pissed that someone would call the cops on me, but the reality is, if I'm doing it openly enough for one to see me, and they're uncomfortable with it, it's their right to call the cops, because frankly, I'm breaking the law! Luckily I wasn't arrested, cited, fined and it didn't go on a record, but the point stands.

Now imagine the same scenario, except with child p*rnography! You're damn right I'm ratting this guy out, and so would, I HOPE, most of the people on this board. Listen, you really wanna look at child p*rn? Then at least be smart about it and don't do it in front of people that are not going to be cool with it. Most people won't be.

7. Landlord Landry

the thing about ratting someone out for burning some trees, is your basically harming no one but yourself, barely.

kiddie p*rn is advocating the destruction of a child's life, and this disgusting pig is getting off to it.

**** yea 5 years. minimum.

1 person likes this.
  8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If you do something illegal, and you get caught. You should get punished. Seriously dude? It's not that difficult of a concept to understand. Dude should be liable for his own actions.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

In this situation most of us would snitch. But the majority of the time, we are lazy and don't give a ****. It's not about being a coward.

10. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

I live in the projects so snitching isn't even an option. I never snitch. White Americans always want to be heros or something.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

tmacfor35 supposedly has kids, and has no problem with someone looking at child p*rn.

smh

PSA: Snitching is not reporting a crime to the authorities. It's providing evidence to convict a fellow criminal when you're a criminal who runs in the same circles, i.e. a drug dealer making a deal for immunity with the prosecutor in his case to provide evidence that convicts another drug dealer. This is frowned upon because they're both drug dealers and deserve to go to jail, but one skirted it scot-free, in an undeserved, unjust way.

Gets your definitions straight.

12. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

tmacfor35 - What if it were pictures of your kids?

13. devilsdandruff

check out new movie Battle Los Angeles in March
    USA gonna save the world again.

14. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Hotel maintenance guys in major cities make nearly $40/hr. Yes, that guy who unclogs your toilet, or fixes your AC when you're staying in a hotel gets paid more than 75k a year. Not too shabby.

15. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Age is just a number.

16. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Maybe it was tmacfor35 who was sitting in that lobby.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So is 10-to-20.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The threat of getting stitches and losing all my riches is enough to deter me from doing so.

19. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

In the real world - probably not... Live and let live.

At work - absolutely yes. I work in an environment where if I witness someone committing a terminable offense and don't snitch, then I myself can be terminated. I'm not about to lose my job over some jerk-off at work.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I once sorta snitched to one of my close friends to protect her from this one perverted dude. Turned out, dude worked for the gov't and **** backfired on me.

It's not worth it. Let it be and let the world go round.