1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 17

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Dec 28, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha wow, Freeman and Mike Williams making a play on 4th down

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Looked like a fake qb sneak pass play.

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I like the future of the Bucs . Raheim Morris brings alot passion to that team. The Bucs give him their all.

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

TE got held up trying to break outside. Freeman just tossed it up to his tall WR and he caught it.

5. Mr.TripleDouble

Ugh, I don't feel any bit good about the Chiefs' chances next weekend when they likely host the Ravens (pending a Colts victory) after today's debacle versus the Raiders.

I look at it this way -- if the Chiefs just got a spanking courtesy of the Raiders at Arrowhead, who's to say it won't be more of the same when the Chiefs host a good road team in Baltimore.

All I can hope for is that the offensive line shows a better effort than they did today. The tackles were getting abused by the Raiders outside pass rush, and it likely won't be any easier if the Ravens come to town.

6. Landlord Landry

why would you draw anything from this game today? the Chiefs didnt put any effort into it and the Raiders played like it was their super bowl.....oh yea! because it was their super bowl.

I, for one, welcome Baltimore with open arms.

[​IMG]

*I think Flacco has played another playoff game with 0 td's and a few more picks.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It isn't good to get blown out the week before the playoffs start, even if the game doesn't mean anything. Ask the Bengals.

I hope the Chiefs win, but Flacco's had a pretty good year. If you throw out the two games against the Bengals (his personal kryptonite), he might get a few top 3 MVP votes.

Go Chiefs because their rabid fans deserve it.

8. Mr.TripleDouble

Well for one, I'm having trouble comprehending why the players/coaching staff wouldn't put forth effort for today's game. In relation to what A_3PO, it's certainly none too good for a young, playoff bound team to get blown out at home the week before wild card weekend, especially given the fact that the Chiefs didn't rest their starters during the first three quarters of the game.

Their starters were getting outworked by the Raiders on both sides of the line, and I don't think that bodes well if & when they face a tough Baltimore defense next weekend.

I believe a better effort today could have led to a locked up third seed where the Chiefs would've had a more favorable match up with the Jets. Instead, the Colts win today & they get the third seed.

Plus, from a personal standpoint, being that I'm from the tri-state area, I dearly wanted to see the Chiefs get an opportunity to knock the Jets out of the playoffs.

9. Major

Major Member

Colts lost their last 2 games last year and then proceeded to make the Superbowl. Saints lost their last 3 games and then won the Superbowl. Cardinals got obliterated by Green Bay last year in regular season finale (33-7) and then beat the same exact team the following week (51-45).

For every example one way, there's another team that did the opposite. Like baseball, I don't think there's ever really been much of a correlation there, especially when the games don't mean anything.

10. Landlord Landry

The Ravens are the more favorable match-up. The Jets defense is set-up similar to the Raiders.

11. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

The Ravens and the Chiefs are two teams who love to run the ball a lot , it should be interesting .

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hope you are right. I think the Chiefs are an immature team and will get drilled by the Ravens next week.

13. Major

Major Member

Oh I agree with that - sort of like the Bengals last year. But I think that would have happened no matter what. The Ravens are simply a better team than KC, just like the Jets were a better team than the Bengals last year.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

someone, find the NFL predictions thread. I can't find it.

15. Landlord Landry

The Ravens pass rush is spotty. And they don't have a CB on the same planet as Revis. Revis will completely shutdown Bowe and Cassel is useless without Bowe. Especially when Ryan will send blitz package after blitz package after blitz package. Cassel, as seen today, doesn't do well under pressure. I don't think Baltimore can blitz the way the Jets can.

Ray Rice is nice, but Kansas City's d-line aint too shabby. I also think Hali will be chasing Flacco around all day.

Now, I'm not saying Kansas City will win either match-up, just that Baltimore is the easier path for the Chiefs.

16. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I will always put my money on the Ravens Defense , their D always in top 3/ 5 in the league .

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Damn super unclutch by titans

18. Mr.TripleDouble

Well, thanks to that botched snap by the Titans, we'll see if the Ravens are indeed a better match-up with the Chiefs as you said, LL. I hope I'll be able to say "you were right" next weekend.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Rams/Seahawks game should be good.

Lol.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not too much Enthusiasm for the NFL
    this week huh?

Rocket River