1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center and Camera Lens

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joesr, Jan 2, 2011.

1. joesr

joesr Member

Just a quick question. Didn't know if this was the correct area to ask but is there a policy on the size lens (for cameras) that you can bring to a game. Wife is freaking, thinking that she wont be able to bring her camera/lens.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What the policy is exactly I don't know, but I remember a few years ago they would not let Jeff in with his camera lens. He had a more professional quality SLR camera... I'll check with him.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

anything that could potentially take a professional image of them, is banned.

4. I♥TheRockets

these days thats gonna be hard to do...

5. joesr

joesr Member

Its a Canon 5D MarkII SLR with 70-200 mm lens. (if that helps)

6. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

I believe the policy is that the lens cannot have a diameter of more than 3 inches.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

A few years ago I tried to take in a Canon SLR with a 300mm lens and they made me check it in with them until after the game.

8. Prince

Prince Member

they'll ask you to stick out the zoom.. max allowable is 3 inches.

it happened to me recently.

9. Prince

Prince Member

length of zoom lens too.

10. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Just sneak it in, strap it to your back if you have to. When I want to take in food I wear a jacket and put the burger or whatever in the arms of the jacket.

11. Zero2Hero

Zero2Hero Member

I actually saw the guy in front of me at the Laker game last month get stopped because his camera was a certain size. I think it was either 7 inches or 12 inches, but I can't remember. Whatever sounds more reasonable as a person who knows something about photography I guess.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

From the Toyota Center website (http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/about/atozguide.php) :

Cameras, Video Cameras, Audio Recorders
    Professional cameras are prohibited at all events in Toyota Center unless accompanied by an appropriate media credential. Cameras containing lenses ( not to exceed 4 inches in length ) with no flashes may be allowed for some events. Video cameras and audio recorders are prohibited in Toyota Center unless specifically approved. Please check in advance by calling 713-758-7200.

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

There is a max size requirement. Basically, no long zoom lenses in the stands. I brought one once and the were going to make me leave it and my $2k camera in lost and found. Fortunately, a Rocket employee let me stash it in his office.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

That's what she said!

(sorry, had to do it)