1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. TheresTheDagger

This is exactly right. Ridiculous. Wade acted like it was Rambis that clotheslined him. It was Aaron Friggin Brooks. The guy weighs like 145.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No you are not. I watched the game on the Miami station as I'm here at my sister's for the holidays. Anyway, the replay I saw clearly showed AB swinging across Wade's chest and hitting him in the face which stunned him. I recall the Heat announcers saying that Houston had "made a big mistake because they just made Superman mad". Wade then went off. However, the Heat announcers were extremely complimentary of the Rockets through out the entire game - in fact they were somewhat in awe of how well they played tonight.

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

AB made Wade's lips bigger, he deserves an award for that.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

It was my team. So no waiting on the floor for 5 minutes to allow the ref to call the call was clearlygood acting then bad refereeing by letting a superstar influence your judgement and call over a long period of time.

5. srrono

srrono Member

what about the play when 3 miami defenders practicly raped JHill in front of the basket and it went on for what seemed like 4-5 seconds before the foul was called

6. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

That was just foreplay!!!! No penatration involved.

7. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Jonathan_Feigen
    Dick Bavetta said flagrant foul call on ABrooks in 4th 1/4 was not changed. Delay was for time out call from Heat, he said. Refs unanimous.

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Now we are complaining about a foul that was called.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Did you even read what he said? Jesus, the guy is saying that there is a massive delay before it was called. Did you see the play? It was ridiculous. They didn't call the foul until Bosh bear hugged the Hill...

10. windz

windz Member

the league does keep track but its private... for higher ups evaluation of course.

the stats are not revealed even to the refs.

11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

But they did do the right thing and called the foul...

Should we enforce a new rule on the refs?

"Make your calls instantly or you are FIRED!"

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

There were three fouls they could have called before Bosh bear hugged him. Last time I checked, they didn't call those fouls...

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Bosh didn't bear hug him and a call was made, what is your problem?
    The refs miss calls all the time but in that scenario they ended up doing the right thing and made the call, why aren't you complaining about that non-call when Martin swiped Wade's arm?

Chuck Hayes got more free throws than Lebron, we didn't lose because of the refs, stop crying about them.

14. stangend77

stangend77 Member

i wanted to post about the officiating in this game as well...during the 3rd quarter there was a 3-4 min stretch tht the heat got all sorts of nonsense fouls....we had the momentum and it was taken from us not by the heat but by the refs....i am so sick of refs making calls for superstars it gets old.....refs need to be punished for poor calls i mean wade had an and one tht he wasnt even close to anyone im so sick of the preferential treatment screw wade bosh and lebron they will never be what everyone thinks.....theyre sellouts f-emthey suck and i am sick of all this flopping what happened to the good old days when players were actually allowed to play.....now you breath on one of these superstars they flop and you get a flagrant foul.....i though this was supposed to be addressed this offseason what happened? :confused: :mad:

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Miami's bread and butter isn't drawing the foul, so I'm not surprised James didn't live at the line tonight. Plus, Shane's defense is usually clean so why would Mrs. Wade go to the line? So what LeBron didn't get free throws, he got extra steps, Wade was able to palm the ball, and the Heat got to argue every single call. Wining a game doesn't just boil down to fouls, refs don't call just fouls. Re-read what has already been discussed, and then realize you're wrong.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

[​IMG]

We lost to a better team and couldn't change Wade's shots in the paint, but sure keep talking about the refs.

17. stangend77

stangend77 Member

what ever man....the calls were very one sided regardless of what you say especially in the 2nd half :rolleyes:

18. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

i think the problem is more about the league having the so called "superstar" calls, Lebron allowed to do that crab walk and not be called traveling, the league allows some players to do those "trademark" moves. Start with calling traveling fair and then go from there, the other day during the Christmas day games, Pierce took like 5 steps in front of the refs, they didn't call it, so it's deeper than the refs making honest mistakes, it seems like in the point of view of the league, the mistake would be to call it fair and not allow the "superstars" to do their "trademark" moves.

19. rtsy

rtsy Member

This is why we need some superstars.

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Which was why we went to the line more, even though we were fouling to extend the game.