1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blatche and McGee on the Block??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Dec 28, 2010.

1. gah

gah Member

Please go for McGee, we can groom him to anchor our defense around him and can easily become a 14-10-3 guy.

2. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Blatche is an intimidator and one of the few left in the league. I'd do a Pat Pat/Bud for McGee deal if he can be had on the cheap...

3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Balls... I meant McGee.

4. TheGoldenGreek

Last night at the game all I could think about is how much I wanted McGee...Blatche wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize either. I'd be ecstatic with either one. McGee would be a better fit because of his elite shot blocking ability.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Hill and McGee on the same frontline sounds great especially if Hill keeps Improving offensively.

6. Seth

Seth Member

I would go strong after McGee

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

No to Blatche, way too selfish, crazy and full of himself..Who remembers that game last year when he screamed at his teammate for grabbing a rebound that would have given Blatche double figures in rebounding?

McGee = do want, is more overconfident than selfish and crazy.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

McGee for sure. WE could use someone like him in the middle.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Everyone know that we need McGee for sure.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i big dude who can dribble actually sounds good.unless it's over dribbling like steve francis.

11. k-money

k-money Member

are you guys kidding? mcgee injured yao. as long as the rockets franchise lasts mcgee is not winning in houston and will not come to houston. gimme blatche. :grin:

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do the Wizards actually need at this point, and do we have it to offer?

I find McGee more appealing, but I think Blatche maybe fits the current offensive scheme a bit better.

13. TheGoldenGreek

I think the Wizards pretty much need everything. Blatche may fit the offensive scheme better, but we have plenty of players that do. We need DEFENSE. McGee is a committed shot blocker so that will do our team the most good.

14. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Mcgee is EXACTLY what this team needs: length, athleticism, shotblocking, aka A TRUE (defensive) CENTER.

Adelman and the veterans will take care of his mentality issues easily.

15. chief

chief Member

i agree with you about picking up mcgee-i think it would be a good pickup--but not for j.hill--we have to hang on to him--he is getting better everyday. at this point if we arent gong after a superstar--we need to trade the other ny pick-along with any player exception or relief we get from the yao injury--i have a feeling something big is in the works--and i think it would have to involve cbud and brooks at the top--

16. buffalobills!!!

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't think its a fair swap. Hill is basically a power forward version of Mcgee but with no headcase/mental problems. Actually what I'd like to do is play them both at the same time, you'd have good defense and really good rebounding from those two.

Trade him for PP. I know the Rox probably like PP more but Hill provides instant defense and rebounding.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Blatche has a lot of headcase problems. Wasn't he caught by an entrapment officer trying to solicit sex before? I like Mcgee more.

19. Sanity2disChaos

Thank you Ciroc and or Patron.......without you guys this wouldnt even be a topic of discussion!!!

Rox fans, our prayers for a young,athletic, big might have just been answered thanks to a after the club fight......classic!!

20. hotdamn

hotdamn Member

blatche plays no d. he has a bad attitude. scola is waaay better than this schmuk

Mcgee is a blocking machine. we need the inside presence and athleticism.