1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan - THE MAN - Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Hball

Hball Member

I was puzzled at to to why he wasn't even in the rotation to start with, we clearly needed length and athleticism in the frontcourt.

2. conquistador#11

The man is too old. We need to trade him and rebuild with younger 22 year olds. =/

Signed,
    unknown poster from the Garm

What I like about J Hill is that his defense is coming along nicely. He no longer bites on the play fake. He keeps his ground and puts his arms up.
    Unfortunately, this league is for those that the league considers an asset, so a rookie like Wall,can charge and get the call to go against Hill.

please don't jinx Hill.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks had a good fourth quarter...

I see the timeline now.

Off the bandwagon to start the fourth quarter, and he blows up for 13 pts. I see now.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Crap. DD has destroyed 3 lives.

5. rocketshopeful

likin jordan hill, he learns well, picked up basketball at a late age. Get him in their this summer with hakeem!

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

But half those guys got worse. AB has stuggled all season and then he got injured and missed most of the season so far. Landry has struggled all season , too. Even Battier got the injury bug, the past 2 seasons. CLee hasn't been here long enough for the curse.

Only Scola got the seal of approval and got better.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is a great point, he worked hard with CD and it shows, I would love for him to get some footwork pointers from Dream.

DD

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

This has been on my mind for awhile now, but with this thread, I am certain now:

We will trade Jordan Hill.

Yes you tend to have a very bad eye for talent, DD, but don't worry, that was only a very small consideration. Although it was the straw that finally broke the camel's back for my theory.

It's really not that complicated. He dunks, he blocks shots, he's flashy, he has "potential", he has VALUE.

Meanwhile, I honestly think that Patrick Patterson is being groomed as Scola's successor. The celebration on draft night was not contrived, that was real joy. Which makes me believe that Patrick is be part of our future.

Jordan Hill on the other hand was included in the trade last year because that was the ONLY thing the Knicks had that had any value. He was never specifically targeted by Morey. In fact, I distinctly remember Morey saying how based on talent alone Hill was top 10 on his draft board, but when factoring everything else, he drops to the 20s.

Now don't get me wrong. I give Hill all the credit in the world for his improvement so far. And he has truly improved, which was the only thing holding me back on this theory before. But from this improvement, and opportunity is the other half of it, he has vaulted his trade value from draft bust to a legit prospect. I mean he could not get off the bench in NY when we got him. Talk about buying low.

Now my problem with Hill is and always has been on the mental side. While his skills have continued to improve, what is keeping him off the floor is still mental mistakes. And honestly I don't know if they will ever be corrected. That is a huge deal for a veteran coach like Adelman, because that is where trust is earned.

This is why I think it is the PERFECT time to cash in our chips, and sell high. Whether it is for a veteran like Varejao- which I'm sure would go over wonderfully here on Clutchfans, or part of a bigger trade along with Yao, I honestly think Jordan's time in Houston is numbered. A lot of his contributions right now are flashy and in excitement, while he has a prospect waiting in line whom the staff truly values. The writing is on the wall, for those whom dare readeth.

The curse of HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED lives on.

9. TracyMcgradyMVP

I would like to apologize for my previous comment it was out of line. Sorry it was just how I felt at that moment.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yeah, DD is scaring me, Please DD he's coming along fine, STOP!!!!

Praise Yao!
    PLEASE! He needs a CURSE REVERSE! :grin:

11. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I agree that Hill's value is growing, and is quite high, but it's not like it has peaked, not even close. He's a season and a half in, developing his offensive game, and getting better on defense; his value is growing daily. Point is, it may not be the perfect time to cash in on him, cause we don't quite know yet what his value is.

As it is, I do agree with you that he may get traded, but unless it is for a bigger name, I would rather hold on to him and watch him develop. I like the idea of going after a Nene or Verejao, but in a rebuilding effort, I would rather go with a much younger Hill. If it's for a Melo, Nash, etc, we would no doubt have to include Hill, but we have other trade chips to get Nene / Verejao type players w/o giving up Hill imo.

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Ugh DD, why do you have to make this topic, everyone already knows J Hill was beastin'.

13. DaDakota

I like PPat a lot too, he has looked very good in the limited time he was in there, very savvy and in the right place.

I think the Rox are very talented at PF, SG, PG, and average at SF, and weak at C.....

Jordan Hill needs to play more and more.....even if it is at center, he needs to play.

DD

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

ok, bud should be ok now :grin: :grin:

get ready for a break out month, cbud

15. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

LOL.. alot of us are superstitious including myself. :grin:

16. DaDakota

Ok, I will do my part....

There is NO WAY the Rockets can beat the Heat on Wed, and no WAY CBud ever shoots well again.

DD

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If his attitude stays positive, he could be a real defensive force in the paint.

Let's hope he doesn't party it out with Bud every night. We need this guy's paint presence.

18. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Hey I said I was superstitious but never mentioned anything about believing in this DD curse! haha

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

In to pay my respects to Jordan Hill's career. RIP.

Kidding aside, Jordan still needs to show some consistency. He played great tonight, but last game against the Clippers he played less than 6 minutes. We need to see him string together multiple games of consistent production.

20. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Thank you Tracy!!