1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

End of an Era

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Yao, Francis and TMac
    *sign* what could have been . . . .

This is still my Wallpaper . . . . Great Photoshop by Clutch

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

And the beginning of a new one. Keep ya head up!

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Note to self, never make the same mistake again with user names :grin:

Hope we can get something good for Yao's contract, I am not ready to go from a Yao + Tmac era to the Kevin Martin era.

1 person likes this.
  4. Raven

Raven Member

Forget the PR spin. If the Rockets thought Yao could make a comeback, I don't think they'd risk trading him. He's done.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

end of an era or end of an error?

2 people like this.
  6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

An error, in fact everything in the Rocket's history that didn't involve Hakeem was an error, happy?

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

One can only hope. Seeing will be believing. Les has been very stubborn about all things TMac and Yao. I would love to move past two consecutive failed experiments. In retrospect the Stevie Franchise Era was fraught with tragic flaws and TMac/Yao was doomed with injuries. In all fairness, neither had very good supporting casts (2005 may have been an exception). Les stayed with these projects far too long. In fact, I don't believe he has given up on the last one. We'll see.

8. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

How bout the kmart, lowry, hill era. Those players have the most upside on our team.
    And i cant wait to build around them.
    they are like jason kid, ray allen, stoudamire type of players. Build around that and were set.

9. delta69er

delta69er Member

The wallpaper pic was from the 07/08 season when we resigned mike james bonzi wells and stevie in the summer right? I had so much hope for that season after battiers gamer winner against the lakers the first game, then tmacs 47 at the jazz the second(I actually still have the page from the chron's sports page after that 47 point performance along w/ the cover from our 22nd win in a row)...*sigh...what could have been :(

10. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

I thought steve was gonna make a come back after this game...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icuT1PJ43nw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icuT1PJ43nw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I really thought the same.... soo much potential... when we first got him i was sooo excited and then we got yao and i thought the sky was the limit

12. LG7

LG7 Member

steve's last decent game in nba... somehow after, everything was just falling for steve...

13. anchel

anchel Member

Nothing has really changed after his injury. I considered the last injury the end of an era, not the recent articles.

14. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

only the people on this board ever thought francis was good. he was an AWFUL point guard and one of the most overrated players of all time. lowry and brooks are both better than fracis ever was. the guy was a joke

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

:confused:

He kept Houston on the map. Without a "franchise" player, we would have reduced to dust and ashes by the media and might have had our team relocated.

Call him what you will, but at the time he's the best that Houston had.

16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

What does it matter if they trade him? I feel like I'm crazy. Yao will never leave the city of houston if he is traded. He cannot play this season and his contract with any team that trades for him will conclude this summer.

There is not that much of a difference in him sitting in houston or china for 12 months while technically a rocket or technically a hornet.

After we paid him close to 40 million to be injured the last 2 years, I doubt he is going to get butt hurt if we trade his contract.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

False.

18. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

franchise player my a$$

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Can't forget that Yao Dance.

20. pge71188

pge71188 Member

I remember watching this at home so excited. Thought it was the beggining of something special. :(