1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Ditto.

Yea, very disappointing. I was Dunn was on his game today. It was too sloppy and nothing ever really got going for Baylor. Good news is this is basketball so rankings and a few losses don't really hurt. Other than that...excited for Big 12 play next year.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep Dunn was out of control. Maybe he was trying to do much in front of nba scouts?

And Walton managed the game poorly at the end when it was either team's game to win.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Well, Ho, Ho, Ho. Merry Christmas, Bears!

First things first. I'd like to take a moment to wish you and yours a very happy holiday season. I know that we have had our differences in the past, and despite the fact that I don't respect any of you even in the slightest, I still believe that the spirit of this season trumps everything else. Seasons Greetings to each of you. God loves all of his children. Even the stupid ones.

Now, with that out of the way...

How do you lose to Gonzaga?

I mean, this is NOT your typical Gonzaga squad. They really aren't very good at all and have lost to every single decent team they have played all season. Maybe one quality win all year before today? Not to mention they did it without their best player even being available for the 2nd half. They beat you shorthanded and on the road. Ouch!

Say what you want, but this was a BAD loss.

Highest ranked team you have ever had, and once again you choke against a bad team on the big stage in Dallas. I hope your prized junior high school recruit wasn't there?

All sizzle and no steak. All hat and no cattle. All suit and no Santa.

One more thing...

Someone asked about aggie bball a few posts back. This isn't really the proper forum for that sort of thing, but since he asked, here's a quick update to keep you informed:

We beat Arkansas today and have a better record than you do. Uh oh!

Happy Holidays. I'll check back from time to time...

-Hank the Mouth Breathing Ignored Festive Holiday Cowdog

4. sammy

Ignore feature ftw.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If you want to have a junior high school pissing contest with the Baylor fans, so be it. It would be appreciated if you would leave A&M out of it. You make us all look bad with your crap.

That being said, I wouldn't talk to much trash right now. We have to play Baylor twice, and those will not be easy games.

1 person likes this.
  6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Why are they playing Perry Jones at powerforward/center???

Let him play SMALL FORWARD and see how he does.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Hank reminds me of Gary Kubiak, another ignorant AGGIE.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Thanks remember hearing about him in high school. Freak of nature. I have to catch a Baylor game so I can check him out.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Baylor recruit Quincy Miller out for the season with a torn ACL.

10. sammy

That sucks. He's young so it shouldn't be a big deal to his career assuming he doesn't blow it out repeatedly.

I'm sure he'll be ready in time for next season.

11. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

He (Quincy) was considered a one and done type player just like Perry Jones

so maybe with an ACL unfortunate injury situation he may stay longer at BU.

12. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Just remember, it was this Aggie that quickly defended you against Hank.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Im bagging on Kubiak not anyone in this thread.

14. sammy

Were playing like garbage and should be out of the rankings.

The players are selfish..can't make free throws when it counts..couldn't get a defensive rebound down 3 on a missed free-throw.. Perry Jones with back to back turnovers late in the game.

The games are close despite Baylor playing like crap. The team is talented.. We have to build chemistry. At least, were getting a serious wakeup call before conference play.

15. ItsThat1Guy

ItsThat1Guy Member

The Bears won't make the tournament playing like that.

They look like an AAU team. A ton of talent without any discipline. Why so much iso on offense? It just doesn't make sense.

Guard play and defense were strong points last year. They are the weak points this year.

16. sammy

I think we'll be ok. Drew's horrible decision of playing Nolan and Ellis really hurt in the first half. Nolan is just terrible.

We have 5 winnable games coming up before the big one against Kansas.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is it exactly...no chemistry. Maybe it will develop, because the talent is absolutely there.

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Hey Bears!

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but I have been busy celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. You've heard of him. He's the guy your school used to care about back before you turned into a factory for godless thugs.

So where to begin?

Heard you lost again. Let me guess? Bad coaching? Bet it was. Or maybe someone got arrested and was held out of the lineup? Oh, who am I kidding. We both know that would never happen. Not the arrest thing, of course, but rather the being held out of the lineup part. Against a real team? Ha! Not a chance...

Sorry I can't stay long but I need to catch a plane. On a serious note, all good natured ribbing aside, I hope each of you has a Happy New Year. I'll check back from time to time.

-Hank the mouth breathing sometimes ignored festive yuletide island hopping cowdog

19. sammy

23 in the coaches poll. 27 in the AP. We have to win the next 5 before the huge game at home against Kansas.

We have a chance to shoot right back up the rankings.

20. mrjuandiego1988

lets not talk baylor bball ;)