1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBADraft.net] Where are we at?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Roxs-Redemption, Nov 8, 2010.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its worthless because you can't trade the "right to swap picks with the Knicks". If this is allowed its the same as NY saying they're fine with just getting the last pick of the 1st round next season.

2. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Although it could never happen like the earlier poster asked about, if it could it'd be funny to see some scenario like say Min. trades Tor. pick swap rights in a deal, and then they turn around, and deal it to the Lakers, or Spurs. lol

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

You are correct, but I think the value of the pick is in the fact that the team to which the pick goes will have a COMBINED chance of winning the #2 or #3 pick between Houston's and New York's odds, plus Houston's odds of winning the #1 pick.

4. Coherent

Coherent Member

Personally, I would love Enes Kanter. We are a lottery team, and I could see us being anywhere from 5 -11, which is in Kanter's ranger. If he is available, we have to snag him. He is a beast. If not, Sullinger will do.

My Rockets Big Board

1. Harrison Barnes
    2. Perry Jones III
    3. Enes Kanter
    4. Jared Sullinger
    5. Terrance Jones
    6. Kyrie Irving
    7. Jan Vesely
    8. Kyle Singler
    9. Donatas Motiejunas
    10. Brandon Knight

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I think Harrison Barnes is going to be a bust.

Next Marvin Williams?

6. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Possibly... I don't think he's the "can't miss" prospect a lot of these analysts are making him out to be, but he's got more perimeter game than Marv.

Kyrie Irving looks like the gem of this class, IMHO.

7. MourningWood

Jared Sullinger's stat line in Ohio State's 11-point W tonight:

40 points (12-17 FG)
    16-23 FT
    13 REB (7 ORB)

He'll be the first big man off the board in the Draft.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Honestly Kemba Walker> Brandon Knight. If he really goes 17 that is a STEAL.

9. MourningWood

Knight's more of a true PG, though. Kemba's an off-guard trapped in a PG's body, a la Steve Francis and Aaron Brooks. Walker gets buckets with the best of 'em, but he appears to be nothing more than a Ben Gordon clone (not necessarily a bad thing, but the fact that he's essentially a 6'1'' SG explains his draft stock). I love his NY playground swagger, and he's confident/effective shooting the three-ball, which should bode well at the next level.

10. MourningWood

Sullinger dropped 30 and 19 in a W over South Carolina. Remember the name...

11. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

From what I've seen, Knight is much more of an unabashed chucker than Kemba. I also happen to think it's a huge misconception that Kemba is, as you put it, "A 2 guard trapped in a PG's body." Yeah, he's an awesome scorer, and he's surely getting a lot of due attention for it, but he's also a very, very willing passer. More often than not this year, he's made the right play. It just so happens that UConn is incredibly talent depleted, and the right play is usually for Kemba to create his own shot.

I like the kid a lot. Think he has the chance to be really special. I would definitely love to see him in Rocket red next year, especially since it's very doubtful that Brooksy will be around. Kemba's the type of kid that could re-energize this franchise.

1 person likes this.
  12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I saw Knight play one summer when he was a junior and his AAU squad went to Cameron Indoor for an exhibition game; also on his team was Kenny Boynton who is Florida's current "unabashed chucker" at SG. Both were top 10 prospects at the time, but Knight was a lot better and seemed to be the headiest player on the court.

Obviously, he's at Kentucky which means he's only staying one year (Calipari's already got his replacement ready in Marquis Teague). This might be a good thing in his case, as I haven't seen much of what made him so good in high school improved upon in the college game. He was the #1 overall prospect for a while before Barnes/Sullinger/Kanter/Selby/Irving eventually overtook him. I think he's the kind of guy you could bank on at #10 or so and stash away and develop over the course of 2-3 years. His ceiling is limitless, there is no particular aspect of the game he is bad at, but there's also nothing he's spectacular at. Court vision is good to great, defense is good to great, and shooting is good to great. All the things you would require to have a spark of in an elite NBA PG prospect he's got. He just needs time to work at it.

13. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

No doubt that Knight is a player, and your'e right, his upside is basically unlimited.

I guess I'd just rather have the closer-to-finished-product Walker. Especially when I consider that the two are pretty similar in terms of potential.