1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To start Lowry or Brooks, that's a question?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bearrider, Dec 23, 2010.

1. bearrider

bearrider Member

To me, it's not a question at all.

PG is the court general. He should have a decent IQ (>110?).

Test their IQ. No doubt Lowry's IQ will stand out. Brooks is a ball stopper. Why? Because he doesn't know what to do. :grin:

2. AggieRocketsFan

Lowry vs Brooks thread alert

Rotoworld:

3. trustme

trustme Member

Not sure who gets the start, but I think Lowry needs to close out games.

4. Burko

Burko Member

For me, Lowry is the starter.

He's a bit more consistent and looks for a team-mate a bit more often than Brooks.

I think Brooks is the more talented and has a much higher ceiling, but does have a tendency to force long bombs sometimes.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We are platooning. Quit arguing about it...mkay,

Why is that so hard to understand?

6. thejav

thejav Member

Doesn't matter who starts... only that lowry closes.

7. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Brooks ceiling has peaked already. Imo the problem with Brooks is he's thinking shoot first, pass second. I also notice he has poor court vision. When he brings the ball up he ain't even looking at the wing players coming off screens. Lowry now does. Lowry has better court vision and knows where players are at or going to be at.

8. AB423

AB423 Member

Don't mess up the chemistry

9. Redfan

Redfan Member

Lowry should be the starter but it is somewhat of a non issue. I will be greatly surprised if brooks is still with the team come February. He could be an explosive spark of the bench for many contenders and a team like the rockets can not afford the luxury of two quality point guards when so many other holes exist. With that mind set, it might be a good idea to let brooks run wild like he did last year and up his trade value. We shall see how Adelman plays it.

10. choujie

choujie Member

This is something I don't agree with. Lowry only needs to improve his shooting to be better than AB in every aspect of the game.

AB has a lot work to do to catch Lowry in passing rebounding, decision making, hustle, defense etc.

AB is the more talented SCORER, but he has a lower ceiling and not as talented as Lowry as a BASKETBALL PLAYER.

11. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Trade Brooks for a Center that can rebound!

12. choujie

choujie Member

won Wafer is a more talented scorer than Battier, but Battier is a better and more talented basketball player.

I'm not saying the difference between Lowry/Ab is as big as Battier/Wafer, but a better scorer doesn't mean he is a better basketball talent.

13. RocketEG6

RocketEG6 Member

Lowry >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brooks.

Please, trade this guy NOW.

14. Defy9

Defy9 Member

To me it's pretty obvious that Lowry should start. Not necessarily because I think he's a better player but because I think he's a better fit...

The Backcourt as is...

Kyle Lowry - Good Defense (Getting better at Offense, but no AB)
    Kevin Martin - Great Offense (Lacking Defense)

If AB was to be the starter...

Aaron Brooks - Great Offense (Lacking Defense)
    Kevin Martin - Great Offense (Lacking Defense)

However if AB was to come off the bench he is then paired with Courney Lee.

Aaron Brooks - Great Offense (Lacking Defense)
    Courtney Lee - Great Defense (Decent Offense)

It's just a lot more stable if AB comes off the bench IMHO.

15. Felece

Felece Member

At this point I'd Rather have Courtney Lee run the Offense than Brooks. He just looks lost out there

16. PeppermintCandy

It's hard to believe that only a month ago, the majority of the threads were about how terrible Lowry was and how he should be traded. Will the tide turn yet again?

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah Brooks sucks a litle right now. But Lowry sucked even more on his return. Now Lowry is gelling so no question who should start. But lets give Brooks some time before the final decision is made. Once Brooks gets his legs under him, as he himself admitted were not right and he gets back to his old form then lets make that decision. Or rather let's allow Adelman to make that decision. I am sure he will make the right decision for this team.

I will admit right Brooks would have to improve a lot to take back his starting spot. Lowry does so much more than just run the offense. But that said I personally want to see the final product on the court before I drop the axe.
    Adelma n knows a healthy fully functioning Brooks helps us win. Whether the team is better served by him starting or coming of the bench shall be determined later.

The only other scenario would be to get a more athletic big. If losing Lowry for that need happen than I would do it in a heartbeat. How did we draft Dorsey and pass on Deandre Jordan. I know 29 other teams did too. But we are supposed to be smarter than that. Blus he was homecooking in our own backyard.

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

smgdh

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Their play should dictate it, and right now, hands down, it should be Lowry. He's a bulldog. Amazing turn of events this year that enabled him to show his starting PG skills. Amazing

20. mazinger

mazinger Member

ARghhh!!!! Why would you mess with something that is working!!!!!! :mad: :mad: