1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOL Ariza

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Dec 21, 2010.

1. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

LMFAO Hahaha

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Very nice analysis by the Hornets site. I think the clearest point, lost in all the Ariza bashing, is that he's simply not capable of taking on an expanded role.

See, it's not so much that Ariza goes 1-13, but rather WHY IS HE TAKING THIRTEEN SHOTS? If a team is so devoid of talent that Ariza gets the ball in the final seconds of a shot clock, then it's a system fail, not Ariza fail.

I actually still like Ariza, but it has to be a support role. One where literally the only thing he needs to do on offense is make the occasional back door cut or take the open 3. Where he takes the best opposing wing and try to wreck havoc on the passing lane, with 7-footers behind him to mitigate mistakes.

Ariza on Lakers was perfect fit. Kobe gets all the tough shots. Gasol/Bynum/Odom clean up inside when he fails, Lakers get easy transition when he succeeds.
    Ariza on Rockets post-Martin was a decent fit. No pressure on offense, but gambling defense can be hit or miss.
    Ariza on the Hornets, apparently is a horrible fit.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I agree. Ariza always will be a good role player but never more than that

When Ariza dribbles more than 3 times=fail
    When Ariza pull up after dribbling 3 times=fail
    When Ariza drives into a crowd and contorts his body for a layup=fail

but

When Ariza plays hard nosed defence=win
    When Ariza shoots open jumpers=win
    When Ariza slashes to the rim= win

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Looks like the clutchfans who were slobbering over his knob finally got the picture. Arima sucks. His offense was worse than Rafer's.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I hated Ariza at shooting guard... Ron Artest he ain't. I was learning to live with Ariza at the 3 alongside Martin, although I still cringed every time he touched the ball. He's at his best on the break, much better than Battier in that regard. Trading a starter for a bench player seemed pretty risky at the time, but after watching Courtney Lee play defense in the 4th last night, I doubt many Clutchfans are pining for Mr. Frown to return.

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

And yet there's people on this forum who still "miss" this guy :rolleyes:

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

the guy was HORRIBLE on both ends of the court last year, not sure why anyone expected otherwise this year.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

when you suck that bad offensively, why do you keep shooting? ariza is good enough to contribute with defense and rebounding.

his offense is god awful. that lucky playoff stretch really got him the contract. he wasn't even that average during the reg. season for the lakers.

someone needs to set him straight. i think adelman and morey really made him lose his head and think that he's a decent offensive player.

9. Steve_Francis_rules

I've got to disagree with you there. Ariza is not even good at shooting open jumpers.

He got hot at the right time in LA and some people still haven't figured out that it was a fluke. He wasn't "in the right system" in LA, he just got hot right before he became a free agent.

10. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

This is good and bad for the Rockets. Means the Hornets will hopefully keep dropping so we can get higher in seeding. But if Chris Paul gets tired of it he will demand a trade and this could be to the Knicks.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ariza isn't even a Rocket, and he is still getting crap on this forum?

Jeez, Clutchfans...you're better than that!

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Even though I said I would never talk about Ariza to this person but where's that W22streak guy to talk about arizas aura rofl

13. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

I think you overlook though Ariza's ball-stopping tendencies. You can't place all of the fault on his team, the man also attempts to create a shot earlier in the shot clock somtimes despite his poor handles.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why is REEK avoiding this thread?

LOL

Ariza always sucked you could see that the Lakers carried his sorry ass that year and he got hot and got paid, thank GOD Morey is smart enough to jettison him for Lee.....and save money.

Smooth move DM.

DD

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's not nice to laugh at him. He tried his best with us,and couldn't get the job done. He is not a bad guy.

16. Mr. Space City

LOL...

17. sew

sew Member

w/e guys, Ariza's 'brilliant aura,' will eventually turn things around for the hornets.

/W22_streak

18. Sanity2disChaos

i AGREE....let it go......this tends to happen too much on this site... :(

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Ariza is a marginal player on a D-League team.

Early on after he signed with us, I thought maybe he just needed more time to get acclimated to the offense...then I thought maybe we werent using him right, or putting him in positions to succeed. Then I realized that he just plain sucks, and how we traded him for any value is incredible.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Trevor is that you? :p