1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Rockets preseason game is most IMPORTANT!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsRuuule, Oct 7, 2002.

1. RocketsRuuule

RocketsRuuule Member

Before the rockets season gets here, we have to endure through another preseason. But I think this particular preseason is going to be much more interesting than it usually does. Not only for the obvious reasons, which are:

1. The frontcourt battles: Yao vs. Cato vs. Collier...and the other 20 centers they have in camp.

2. The wonderful problem of one power forward spot for 3 capable players.

Who will prevail? Why? How is Motay's injuries going to turn out, drug susp., Should we start a young power forward....on and on, drama galore.

3. Who is going to win the small foward sport. I like Boki ...I dont like Rice (old and a little slow, and I hope his shot comes back..then who knows, and I think KT is not quick enough...sorry.

4. Who is going to get the last spots on the rosters (I dont think it matters as much this year...because our future should be playing...listening rudy??

But for me the reason why I am going to enjoy the preseason the most is that no matter who is on the court, I am actually going to be very interested to see how they play. Since we have soo much talent, there should really be no scrubs on the court to where I want to turn off the tv at the end of the game.

So....Which preseason game do you think is going to be the most important of them all??? Why? Which one do you want to watch the most just because you like the team we are playing.

I think the San Antonio is by far the most important. It really gives us a chance to see the team together as Yao should have about a week or so with the team. And they are our rival and we could maybe send out a little message to them, preseason or not!

Also it gives our big men the best test yet. And San Antonio is a good team to see where we are.

Oct 8 Tue @ Memphis Preseason 7:00 pm -- --
    15 Tue San Antonio Preseason 7:30 pm -- --
    17 Thu @ Phoenix Preseason 9:00 pm -- --
    18 Fri Portland Preseason 7:30 pm -- --
    20 Sun Orlando Preseason 7:30 pm -- --
    23 Wed @ San Antonio Preseason 7:30 pm -- --
    24 Thu Philadelphia Preseason 7:30 pm

2. Truth

Truth Member

Preseason doesn't mean anything, cause it doesn't count toward the season, but there can be cause for concern if the team is not meshing and improving, and continues to make bonehead mistakes late into the preseason. That's when you know you need to go back to the drawing board for some revising.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Hehe...I know preseason doesn't count towards the season record, but I know some of us are hyped about them. Shoot, I was hyped about the summer league. :D

4. MONON

MONON Member

I want to see the 2nd S.A. game, because both teams should have their Chinese big men going at each other!!

5. Truth

Truth Member

Me too!!! I was awaiting Dr. of Dunk's reports everyday.

6. RocketsRuuule

RocketsRuuule Member

I am sorry, I meant the Second SA game. To be able to see Yao vs. his chinese teammate...should be awesome. I wonder how they are going to react towards each other or after Yao scores over him and pumps his fist!

Also, I would love for Yao to dunk it on Robinson...kinda of a going away present for him.

I know the preseason means nothing standing wise...but it really does help the team put the right foot forward when it comes to chemistry and where everyone lands in the pecking order.

7. coolpet

coolpet Member

Yao's red bracket on his wrist is from Bateer.. hehe maybe he will shook his hand every time he score on him.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The two Spurs contests will be the most important, bar none.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The last one. At the end of it, we'll know if we're going into the season with everyone healthy.

10. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

The first game that Yao Ming is able to play in, that's the most important game.

Then we'll know if Yao Ming was worth the No. 1 pick. At least, if he's a dud, he arrived.

Here's to hoping that Yao Ming finally shows up.

11. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I agree about the spurs game(2nd) being the most important. It will have two very interesting matchups, EG versus TD and Yao Ming versus the Admiral/Bateer. If Eddie can do anything in the post against Tim Duncan that would be a great sign of his improvement. Whether offensively or defensively it doesn`t get much better than TD.

I especially want to see Yao go against the Admiral. Although he`s been slowing down a bit the last couple of years he will be a great test to gauge Yao`s offense. He`s 7`1, has long arms, is still pretty quick, and has always been an excellent defender. If anyone would be able to alter/block Yao`s shot it would be the Admiral(or Mutombo).

One thing though. Since Yao will be arriving here late he`ll probably be lucky to play in the last 2 or 3 games. I hope we will be able to get him 10-12 minutes in the Orlando game before to get his feet wet. I don`t want him to get shell-shocked by playing against 2 of the best defenders in the league his first game and doing poorly. Get him at least 1 quarters worth of time in the Orl. game first to get used to the NBA speed and athleticism.

And teamwise, that`ll be the toughest opponent we`ll play in the preseason.