1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming out for the year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Oh, they'll bring him back, and we know why, because Yao is a money magnet for Les.

:(

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Can't find a live feed so only getting updates via twitter and nothing about that has come through.

3. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Did anyone expect Morey to say anything differently? Even if he knows that Yao has likely played his last game in a Rockets' uniform, he isn't going to come out and say "yeah Yao is done here."

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

5. worzel gummidge

He came back hobbling, probably too soon. Can't blame him since this was a contract year for him. I wonder if he's trying to play on for his charity work? Otherwise, it's time to think about quality of life down the road, ie time to retire.

If he really wants to continue playing he should consider taking a year off, then see if he can get through a Euro season.

6. hoyarocketsfan

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah, i imagine at the very least that'll be his story until the trade deadline....so we shouldn't expect anything different for the next 2 months, just "yao is recovering fine and things are going according to plan."

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not mad at Yao but I am happy for the Rockets team. Yao is a good person and a hard working player. Now they can finally face reality and realize they are not winning a championship with Yao Ming at center. Lets get (through draft or trade)a big athletic/defensive tough center/forward put him next to Scola and move on.

9. hoyarocketsfan

10. ThaShark316_28

Exactly. Why would he throw the man under the bus? To please some know-nothing fans? Hahaha

11. rockets934life

I'll say it here, Grant Hill took YEARS to recover but did. I think the Rox will resign him to the league minimum and have Yao rehab under their watch. 2 or 3 years from now when he can show he can stay on the court, for more then 5 games in row, then he will get a nice contract to be a backup.

12. Felece

Felece Member

I think he should be back for the 2012/2013 season.

Rehab during this season, and rehab during the lockout season next year, comeback like grant hill did and do something like a 25 minute role off the bench. If he can still withstand the pounding of the NBA

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

grant hill isn't 7'6 300+ lbs.

it's over.

gg yao

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Which sucks, because we should be flipping his contract THIS year while it has value....

Ridiculous and shows that the team and Le$ is not about winning but about making $$$$.

Dissappointing to say the least.

DD

15. worzel gummidge

Loyalty and class?

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly took the words right out of my mouth.

17. rockets934life

True but Yao is a fighter and will give it a shot, if the Docs say he won't end up worse. If I where the Rox, would I resign him...no but fact is they probably will with the understanding he'd be out for a LONG time. If he tries and fails then so be it but I get the feeling the fool will give it all he has in him to come back.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

we shouldnt compare it to Hill's directly. Hill not only went through this injury, but a bad infection that could have killed him. They also had to try different things before finding the right solution. The medical community learned what not to do because of hill's case, so that'll help future cases, like Yao's....the whole process was complicated by other factors (he also developed a hernia and had surgery for it) that yao isn't facing, at least not now.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This

This is a great approach the Rockets organization needs to take. Great PR move as well and it give both Yao and the Rockets the ability to move on from this occurance without putting pressure on both the team, coaching staff, and lets the city know that he is part of this teams future, but its going to be in a totally different way in the future...

All of this depends on if Yao really wants to play next year. If he buys into it then great, if not it could blow up in the face of Les and Morey, and the Rockets could look bad when he signs with the Heat next year for the league minimum.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You can still be loyal, but it is a business.....trade his contract and give him a job in the front office.

They should be doing everything they can to improve the team and that is a 17.7 million dollar EXPIRING contract.

A team that has signed someone and thinks they are going to rebuild could take Yao for him and we wouldn't need any sweetners.

Loyalty? Hakeem was traded.

DD