1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Opera 11 rules your dingy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Landlord Landry, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Landlord Landry

1 person likes this.
  2. trustme

trustme Member

I'm using it right now. Seriously this thing is so light on the RAM. I'd have to open like 100 tabs for it to reach the same RAM usage as Safari or FF with 5 open tabs.

Tab Stacking FTMFW!!!!

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I used to love Opera, now not so much. From what I've read it goes toe to toe with Chrome in a lot of ways. I'm glad you like it, I may install it and give it a try...

4. Landlord Landry

honestly, I had to jump ship during the 10-10.6 builds because it was so bloated.

but man...11 is kicking all kinds of ass.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I like Opera, but I can't open my school e-mail account through it for some reason. So, I hardly ever use it

6. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I have all 4 major browsers installed now, and this one has the slowest page-load time. It's light on the RAM though.

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I use it all the time on my Htc Hd2, works perfect! :grin:

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I quit relying on it, and had all but started to ignore refining web sites for it due to problems displaying things correctly, mainly CSS and potentially partly on my end. I'm sure that's been resolved by now, but it just got cumbersome for me a while back. Is it really that good?

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I don't know what you're talking about. Holy crap this thing is fast. Web pages are appearing almost instantly for me now, even big pages like Autoblog and Engadget. Repped.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I used to be a big fan of Opera too, to the point of using it exclusively (like I am doing with FF currently). However, a big drawback for me personally was that when you do the right-click search for a highlighted word shortcut, it does it in the same tab window, whereas with FF it pops open in a new tab

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

as good as rubber dingy rapids bro?

12. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

does opera have a powerful ad blocker? that's the reason i've been sticking with mozilla. i know you can right click to manually block content on a webpage but i'd like an application that does it automatically.

13. droxford

droxford Member

don't be talkin' bout my dingy.

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i've always loved opera.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHI8HQ9ioU0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHI8HQ9ioU0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I just installed this one and I agree, it is much slower than Firefox which is what I normally use, but faster than safari

16. trustme

trustme Member

Well, in the new version of Opera they have different Extensions created by users. I believe I saw something about an ad/content blocker. It's really simple to install those Extensions as well, just click on install and it's ready to use.

Man, Opera is too bad ass.

17. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

google chrome FTW

18. trustme

trustme Member

That can easily be turned off through Preferences. Preferences > Advanced > Tabs > uncheck Reuse current tab

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints this ish is fast... Bye Bye Chrome...

20. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Still using Firefox and I don't really worry about memory/RAM problem since I have 8GB of it. I can't live without my extensions. I use to have all 4 browsers now I only use Firefox and IE9.