1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Yao interview about injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 16, 2010.

1. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I wonder how many Fried Chicken is needed to fill Yao's stomach? :confused:

2. echu888

echu888 Member

on the contrary, I completely agree with your position!

but what do you think, did the Rockets management and the medical staff and the Houston media hide this information from Yao the whole time?

or ... is he in on it too?

Those damned communists! To think, sitting there LYING through his teeth while drinking a beer and eating fried chicken...

3. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

What!?! No Chicken n Waffles...

4. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

Great reaction to such depressing news. I'm sure everything will work out, I'm sure he save some of his money and will be financially set for life. It's time for the Rox to move forward.

5. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

not just set for his life...jeez,,his grand grand grand sons life too..

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Love the fact that Yao is still optimistic, but I am not. Yesterday, after listening to the doctor describing this injury and whan it takes to get back we can expect him to have yet another surgery and season ending injury.

And if that happens, Yao will not be back. I don't see him being strong enough mentally to overcome 2 years of protective boots and rehabilitation.

7. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

LMAO repped :grin:

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

he knows its a long road ahead and I'm sure he's f'n frustrated, but what can you do...

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'll repeat, Yao does not continue to insist he's ready to go if he has a stress fracture. Further, the rehab that we know Yao has been going through he would not be doing if the Rockets knew he had a stress fracture. You really think Yao would just be playing along when he knows his career could be over or that he needs to seriously consider going through another surgery? I mean, really?

The reason the problem was misdiagnosed early on was because the fracture did not show up in the MRI after the Washington game. It worsened over the ensuing month, and now its been spotted in the recent MRI. Simple.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really? Jackie Chan seems pretty durable and would have not problem playing a contact sport.

1 person likes this.
  11. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I don't think anything was hid from Yao. Yao obviously knew what the procedure was and went along. The Rockets should've been more upfront about the seriousness of Yao's injury.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Frenchy's or Popeye's?